Group Shipping Manager
Our global manufacturing business are looking to recruit a group shipping manager based in Manchester to site within their european head office logistics department
A leading global manufacturing business who have been trading over 100 years are looking for a group shipping manager based in Manchester within their logistics department.
To act as a central liaison, point within European HQ between Far East Origin factories, EU local offices, HQ, transport contractors and relevant HQ departments for all Pan European shipping related issues, relating to the importation of goods into Europe.
Logistical involvement in operational external warehouse management and freight solutions.
EU Central point of control to ensure all parties (Internal and external partners) are complying with necessary Customs importation formalities and other requirements.
Supporting central projects regarding logistical requirements and reporting.
Your responsibilities will be:
European Freight Control
· Necessary Pan European communication with all parties to ensure successful on time delivery of product from factory to customer warehouse within agreed service levels and optimum cost.
· Management of factories to ensure carrier share is in-line with strategic target.
· Management of carriers/forwarders to ensure factories receive required forecasted container volumes
· Freight Budget setting
· Management of Pan European freight rate tender, analysis and Interrogation of data including challenging tender submission and negotiations.
· Interface with necessary parties to ensure all marine insurance claims are processed and resolved correctly.
BIE Warehouse and Freight Management
· Inventory management and reporting
· Involvement with operational requirements, issues, efficiencies, contract negotiations
· Invoice validation and processing
· European expert for setting of all Customs tariff codes for Brother products and necessary communication to ensure all users and systems have auctioned accordingly.
· Ensure all import agents are using correct tariff codes: reconciliation of duty payments and resolving discrepancies as required.
· Creation and management of works procedures describing and ensuring compliance with necessary customs requirements. In line with AEO
Key Performance Indicators
· Freight costs
· Carrier/factory performance
· Co2 Emissions reporting
· Freight KPI pack
Involvement in key Pan European logistics projects
· Optimise warehouse / logistics solutions
· Others as required
- Knowledge of import freight management for ocean, air, road movements. (+3Yrs)
- Knowledge of warehouse operational management (3+Yrs)
- Knowledge of EU Customs regulatory requirements including tariff classification and importation requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to report into all levels of the business (Int/Ext)
- Some supervisory experience
- SAP experience
- Excel skills
The group shipping manager based in manchester withing their logistics department will be paying £40000 to £45000.
The role with have hybride working and flexibility