Six Figure executive package will be offered to attract the best.
Our client is a successful and well-respected E Commerce, distribution and manufacturing engineering business. The business has an extensive high-quality product range including, Power, Hand and Garage Tools, Tool Storage, Hydraulics, Generators, Lighting, Garage Equipment and Workwear.
The company has enjoyed exceptional growth in recent years and fully expects the current growth to continue. The company benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being part of the larger Group, a diverse, market leading and international organisation.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success through organic growth and potential acquisitions as well as further developing its capabilities, services and market position.
This senior executive appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy. The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression. The COO will have responsibility for day-to-day operations of the business. An opportunity will exist through succession planning for the COO to naturally succeed the CEO.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Work with the CEO and COO, as part of the Executive Team, responsible for setting the strategic direction of the company, building the business plan aligned to this strategy, and leading the business to execute.
- Maintain proper accounting records, preparation and filing of periodic, annual returns and statutory accounts. Identify and communicate value risk and mitigation strategies to the Board.
- Work closely with the parent Group (publicly listed Investment Company) particularly with respect to reporting, budgeting, forecasting.
- Lead an efficient and effective finance function providing services to the business including transaction processing, financial planning and analysis, inventory management, international movement of stock, treasury, and tax
- Maintain close relationships with other business functions to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration
- Manage finance staff ensuring they are motivated and developed
- Protect the assets of the group, ensuring compliance with financial and tax regulations
- Lead on acquisitions and disposals, financing and other long-term investments of the business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A proven FD, with extensive expertise in financial management with a minimum 15 years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- Preferably ACA or ACCA qualification
- Ideally good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Ideally experience in warehousing, distribution or e-commerce sectors. Although cross transferable sector experience will be considered
- Commercially aware with a consultative leadership style.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and have the proven ability to work with all levels within the organisation
- The sheer number of transactions processed is very large, so the candidate needs to be comfortable managing the processing of large volumes of data at pace
- Experience of leading and deploying profit enhancing strategies (ROS/ROIC improvements)
- Experience of managing customs arrangements – Incoterms and overseeing/advising implication and up to date with current import VAT/duties regulations
- Proven experience in producing statutory accounts, strategic plans and forecasts and Managing Forex strategies
- Track record of driving improvements in reporting
- Good understanding of stock accounting and the financial implications of dealing with overseas supply chain partners
- Ideally familiar with Sage 200 accounting software
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Advanced Skills in the following: managing change, negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work in an international, multi-cultural environment with strong presentation, facilitation skills and excellent organisational and time management skill