Niche Low-Volume Capital Equipment Manufacturer
£Attractive Base; Bonus; Car Allowance; and Benefits Package
Location - West Yorkshire
- A family-owned British engineering business that designs, manufactures, and supplies a highly innovative range of large capital equipment to an international customer base in the process industries sector.
- With sales of £25m, and profitable, the company employs over 150 people at its head office. This is a modern and fully integrated facility, with mechanical design, engineering, production (machine shop and assembly), and supply chain functions represented on-site.
- Based in West Yorkshire, the location offers a great quality of life, and is within easy reach from Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, and Keighley.
- Reporting to the Group CEO, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and developing your team across production, mechanical design, planning, and engineering.
- Leading all strategic, and day-to-day operational activities, with an emphasis on performance improvement, productivity, and bottom-line results, your role is to optimise the operational performance of the business, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement.
- The role is a high-profile position within the business and one of vital importance in achieving operational excellence.
- Of graduate calibre, ideally with an engineering degree or similarly relevant qualification, you will be a highly experienced operations professional with directly relevant knowledge of leading a manufacturing plant of scale, ideally from a low-volume complex capital equipment environment.
- A hands-on leader, who is comfortable on the shop floor, yet capable of developing an effective strategy for a manufacturing plant, you will have experience of operating within best-in-class manufacturing organisations where CI/Lean methodologies have been at the fore. Knowledge of a metal fabrication and welding environment will be highly advantageous.
- A successful track record of enhancing performance through a structured and sustainable approach to KPI analysis and improvement. A history of working through people, motivating, and engaging teams to deliver step change in operating performance.
Should you wish to have an informal and confidential discussion before applying, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
0113 386 8525