DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION / TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION
Digital Transformation Director /Technology Transformation Leader – Financial Services
I am currently assisting a newly appointed Group CIO within a large financial services group with a portfolio of major transformation programmes. My client is looking to hire a senior level digital transformation technology leader to help with these critical transformation endeavours. This role will be organised as an 18 month fixed-term contract initially, with a generous base salary, bonus and car allowance forming a competitive compensation package.
I am looking to speak with senior digital / technology transformation professionals who have experience within the financial services or insurance sectors and who can demonstrate a track-record of having previously delivered IT transformation programmes within a regulated environment. Experience of having worked within this sector is essential here and I cannot express emphasise this strongly enough. This role is an urgent requirement so those applying should be available immediately or at short notice.
Applicants may have operated as freelance consultants, worked within technology advisory for a consultancy or even been a CIO or other senior technology business leader previously.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience across the following areas:
- Strong experience of having held IT leadership level roles within financial services / other regulated environments
- Experience of delivering IT Transformation that concentrates on digital and data ; the focus is on becoming a more data-driven, leaner organisation
- Prior experience of having supported or been the programme lieutenant for a CIO and a CIO-sponsored programme of work
- Experience of outsourcing and offshoring successfully and at pace
- Excellent people management, senior stakeholder (board level) engagements skills
- Experience of transiting to an outsourced cloud based IT operating model / change management across other digital initiatives
- IT turnaround skillset / full life cycle IT project management skillset
- Delivery of cost reduction through a vendor rationalisation initiative / benefits realisation and optimisation of the IT portfolio
- Experience around M&A, divestments, separations would be useful – transaction / delivery focussed mind-set, and crucially what implications such activity has on the IT side of the organisation
- Significant experience of having managed large budgets / large teams as part of programme management
Interviews will take place over the next 2 weeks , with a view to the successful candidate starting by the middle of February and earlier if this possible. The interview process will proceed on accelerated timetable and can be done remotely.
In addition to a large London office, the UK division of this global financial services group has offices in Birmingham and Manchester, Cambridge and Edinburgh. To an extent remote working will be possible, but being able to spend some days a week in one of these offices, where other members of the executive team are located, would be preferable.
For further information, please apply using the link