Chair - Press Recognition Panel
The Press Recognition Panel (PRP) is a fully independent body set up in the wake of the Leveson Inquiry, and the responsibilities of the Board includes deciding whether press regulators meet the requirements of its Royal Charter.
The PRP and its team have created and overseen an entirely new and freestanding organisation able to discharge the functions given to us by the Royal Charter. We have recognised IMPRESS and we continue to oversee it. We have also overseen an increase in standards across the press landscape, in some areas. However, there is still more work to be done to ensure that the public is protected from harm in the way that was intended following the Leveson Inquiry.
We are now looking for a new Chair to lead this work forward. A passion for the work of the press and some knowledge of the area is important, and we are looking additionally for experience across one or more of the following areas:
- Legal qualifications and skills;
- An understanding of the legal framework within which the Board must operate;
- Knowledge or experience within the media or in news publishing, which might have been built in digital or social media;
- Experience of public policy;
- Experience of consumer rights;
- An understanding of the national and regional environments within Great Britain that are relevant to the work of a Regulator.
Full details of the search, how to speak to our search partners Green Park, is on our microsite here. The microsite also includes information about eligibility and conflicts of interest.
We will shortly be recruiting Board members, and the search is sequenced so that the incoming Chair will have the opportunity to be involved in the final stages of the recruitment of two new members.
The search closes midnight on Sunday 13th February 2022.