Tech Lead/CTO. Hands on Python. Social Good.
A superb opportunity for an aspiring, hands-on Python developer to step into a Head of Engineering position with an exciting client that has been dubbed the Netflix of transport.
My client are revolutionising the way that travel is done within cities and pioneering a new ownership model for urban mobility. After an amazing few years of growth and another round of successful funding, the client is looking to significantly expand operations in 2022 and beyond.
With a core development team assembled offshore, the business is now looking for a Lead Engineer to come on board and take full ownership of all facets of the technology.
You will ultimately help support growth and continue to evolve all core pillars of its digital product line up including Operations, User experience, Growth and Hardware.
Technology sits at the centre of the business so we're on the hunt for a Head of Engineering capable of evolving and accelerating the impact technology has on all aspects of the business as they scale. T
This is a hands-on role where you will continue to contribute to code, lead the technology team day to day and work closely with the Founders on the long-term technology and product road map, architecture and scaling of the product and team. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will also contribute to the overall direction of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting the strategic direction for all facets of technology
- A key voice on product direction
- Defining technical architecture and the road map to deliver it
- Leading all aspects of development including hands-on coding
- Defining resource requirements and recruitment
- Developing and managing internal and external teams
This is the ideal role for a current Head of Engineering or experienced engineer looking to take the next step into a leadership position that has true autonomy.
You have full stack engineering capability with several years of experience using: Python (including expert knowledge in at least one Python framework such as Django or Flask) React and React N.ative and NextJS, or feel confident in your ability to learn these languages and technologies quickly.
- Confident and experienced product leader
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- In-market production iOS or Android applications
- Significant experience with designing APIs, our Front End, mobile and operational dashboards are depending on you and your team
- Strong CI/CD approach
- You feel confident in taking a leadership role in architecting database schemas, applications and APIs that power our entire business.
- You have experience in leading a team and managing workload (eg via SCRUM/Kanban)
- You have a strong commercial understanding that guides your decision making at a macro and day to day level. Experience in a consumer facing high growth start/scale up and/or operationally complex business
- Above all you are passionate, self-motivated, and ready to do the best work of your life.
In return, you will be offered the chance to embark on an epic journey together to revolutionise the way people move around cities. To get that done the client believe they need to bring together the very best people and ensure they give them the environment, tools and support to bring their best self to work and live a happy and healthy life.
You will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary Share options Pension contribution
- Looking after you
- Flexible working in office and out
- Personal monthly wellbeing budget 2
- 5 days holiday
- Continuous learning
- Tailored personal development programme Fully blended learning and training calendar
CVs are under review now!