Head of Investor Relations
- Newly created opportunity to join a clean energy company
- Hybrid working - Flexible location
About Our Client
Tokamak Energy is a leading fusion energy company, which is developing the fusion power plant of tomorrow, while seeking to commercialise the technology applications of today. The company, founded in 2009 as a spin-off from the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, currently employs a growing team of over 160 people with talent from the UK and experts from around the world. It combines world leading scientific, engineering, industrial and commercial capabilities. The company has more than 50 families of patent applications and has raised over £100m of private investment.
Once realised, fusion energy will be clean, economic, secure and globally deployable - a key enabler for meeting international climate policy goals.
A highly visible role within the business, which will involve the preparation for, and management of, all aspects of financing, including investor presentations, information memoranda, term sheets, the data room (and associated document management), investor FAQs, shareholder newsletters, target investor lists, in addition to all other transaction related documentation, records and internal approvals which are required to deliver robust, compliant, global financing solutions.
You will be required to work in close collaboration with the Head of Communications, who will lead on general Public and Government relations, together supporting C-level leadership - to ensure an integrated approach is adopted, with clear, accurate and unified messaging, in relation to all external relations.
In addition, you will also work in collaboration with the Commercial and Finance Directors in relation to equity financing elements of dialogue, and transaction/investment execution, arising with respect to potential strategic and/or industrial partners. Further, you may also be required to support funding elements of public sector grant applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, connect and support build of C-level/leadership relationships with existing and potential investors
- Organise/prepare investor presentations, associated internal and external documentation, investor events and roadshows
- Maintain updated knowledge of competitive landscape, key trends and insights, undertaking analysis of thebusiness, and wider industry
- Create and deepen new relationships with new and potential investors, equity market influencers and industry analysts, in collaboration with Head of Communications
- Support preparation of financial and strategic analysis of the business for internal and external presentation
- Lead the execution of all fundraising activities, optimising investor communication and coordinating the investors' access to due diligence information
- Lead the preparation and coordination of periodic/ad-hoc investor meetings
- Work closely with the Finance and other teams on external presentations to support IR messaging and content development
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, interacting with the global investment community, ideally in the clean energy/technology sector. You will be highly organised, exhibit an ability to work autonomously with limited supervision and be a strong, pro-active communicator, with the ability to secure and maintain the support of multiple internal senior and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability and experience to craft an equity story, and in consultation with graphic design specialists, prepare and create professional and compelling investor presentation materials (with supporting speaker notes) designed to attract investment from world leading institutions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, VCs and other fund managers.
- You will have a demonstrable track record in preparing for, project managing and delivering closure on multiple significant funding rounds in the clean technology or related sectors, in support of C-level management, ideally in pre-revenue/pre-commercial, high growth phase, entities. This includes valuation, structuring and preparation of all related marketing (flyers, IM) and financing documentation.
- Evidence of previously successful equity financing delivery in the clean energy and/or renewables sectors will be highly advantageous
- Experience in bidding for and securing government/public sector funding will be an added benefit, but not essential.
What's on Offer
- Hybrid working on offer
- Competitive package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE122014559538Z