HEAD OF CHANGE / GROUP CHANGE LEADER - FINANCIAL SERVICES - URGENT HIRE - INTERVIEWS THIS WEEK
HEAD OF CHANGE - FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
A large financial services group is currently undergoing a major group wide transformation project and is now looking to hire a Head of Change / Senior Change Leader to support a vast portfolio of initiatives.
This is a permanent role and a proposed programme of work has been extensively mapped out with a timeline of a couple of years. For clarity, this is a hard-core Change role, with the business being already well-staffed in relation to transformation director / programme management capabilities.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate core Change skillset from their previous roles with a corresponding remit of change-focussed responsibilities. Prior experience within financial services / insurance / other highly regulated environment is essential.
Broadly speaking the role will cover many of the following points and experience of applicants should be relevant to the below
- You will work with the senior executive and group transformation to team to establish the Group Change function that will support a programme of initiatives which centre on: removing silos; transition to being a more lean efficient and agile organisation; cost reduction ; and creating an organisation that is fit for the future
- Oversight for change projects, that is to say, ensuring that initiation, execution and delivery is completed within accordance of governance standards within the group
- Provision of business Change Management consulting , that is to say, strategy execution , target operating model design, group culture Change, steering the board on necessary steps and how to eliminate and overcome pain-points and achieve outcomes
- Experience around governance and compliance; putting processes in place to de-risk red-flag areas as a matter of priority
- Prior experience of having built a Change Function previousy that will covergroup-wide programmes. In this role the Change management function with touch upon initiatives around data, governance, sales, CRM, operations, customer contact centres, cloud-based technologies.
- Experience around M&A, divestments, separations, integrations would be useful – transaction / delivery focussed mind-set
- Senior stakeholder exposure – this role will deliver board papers and have a high degree of visibility within the group; experience of having held leadership level roles with large teams is essential.
- Prior experience establishing training and development activities that seek to improve understanding around transformation / change management initiatives - i.e. why are we embarking on this course of action and the reasons behind this?
- Digitisation and optimisation of the group’s diverse business units to enhance customer journeys and realise cost savings within contact centres
The business is looking to mobilise a programme of work at pace and I am therefore looking to speak with individuals who are either immediately available or available to begin work by the start of March at the very latest. Long notice periods of several months will not align with the programme's timetable. The client will organise interviews ASAP and proceed with an accelerated timetable in terms making offers / on-boarding etc.
In addition to a London office, the UK group has sizeable regional offices in cities of Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh. For the most part this role can be done from home, however it will be necessary for the post-holder to spend a couple of days in the offices of either Manchester or Leeds as the Change Function teams are most concentrated in these offices. Office time in these locations for a couple of days a week is mandatory; applicants who cannot commit to such a working pattern will not be considered.
For further details and an initial conversation, please apply using the link on this page.