Chief Information Officer (CIO)
3 days left
Our Client (Energy Sector, UK)
This fascinating and relatively new energy sector organisation has been set up to help implement and oversee critical new governance arrangements in the industry.
The client is looking for an experienced information systems expert with the strategic vision to manage the provision, execution and evolution of the organisation’s data, information, security and technology services. The CIO will form part of the Executive Team, reporting directly to the CEO, whilst working closely with cross functional internal teams, all stakeholders, third party IT and technology providers and industry IT-experts to drive, disrupt and deliver central data services. The CIO will contribute to strategy development and operations, utilising knowledge of the future vision to leverage information and technology in business model design, business process re-engineering and operational improvements to support the organisation’s mission and objectives.
- Leading the implementation, launch and integration of new programmes, projects & systems, working collaboratively with existing and new vendors and service providers in out-sourced and internal to cross-functional teams.
- Managing the information, security and technology team, driving contractors and vendors to deliver effectively and on a value for money basis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, building and maintaining relationships across executives, service providers and industry to understand business needs and ensure cost-effective delivery of services to meet those needs.
- Influencing and negotiating collaboration across predominantly outsourced teams, vendors and service providers to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- Coordinating all transformation, change and project activities, working with the Executive Team to deliver and integrate successful change in the future evolution of the organisation’s services.
- Providing direction of the team on emerging technologies in the areas of digitalisation, the application of analytics, automation and AI
- Application of best practice Information Security and Privacy Practices to all organisation services, systems and processes
- Development of Digitalisation, data and technology strategies, vision and principles,
- Development of the organisation’s approach to Opendata and its application
- Formulating business cases for transformation programs and budgets, and delivering Executive summaries
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of systems including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
- Demonstrable IT Leadership experience of driving industry wide innovation and change through systems, processes and people
- IT profession expertise of successfully managing outsourced service providers, projects, budgets, programmes and notable scale contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies preferably analytics, automation and AI
- Practical knowledge of best practice Information Security and Privacy Practices (including DPIA reviews).
- Strong business acumen and commercial negotiation skills
- Gravitas and excellent leadership qualities
- An agile thinker, able to respond quickly to changing business priorities.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience of the energy industry would be advantageous but not essential
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and of interest, please email us your CV in the first instance.
Apply for Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly