Our client is a well-established construction business with a successful track record spanning back 50 years. The business cover almost every aspect of construction and civil engineering work that can be undertaken with their professional multi-disciplinary team.
Based in the North West of England, they work across a variety of industries offering new and refurbishment building contracts ranging from industrial, commercial, retail, leisure & hospitality and residential schemes.
Due to growth and some recent large contract wins, as well as a desire to further strengthen their team, they are now looking to recruit a new Contracts Manager.
CONTRACTS MANAGER – THE ROLE
An excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual looking to develop a career in construction management. Our client is a well-established and respected construction company with their core delivery being over 4 sectors- commercial and industrial, retail and leisure, public sector and residential development, for new and repeat clients along with their own development portfolio.
With the recent acquirement of large new contracts with some high profile clients, the company is going through a period of continued expansion and are now looking for a Contracts Manager to join their expert team. The incoming Contracts Manager must have a varied knowledge and skill set across the Construction Industry and must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle several projects at any given time with values between £2m - £20m. This role will be both site and office based, working within the Senior Contracts Management team, liaising with Project and Site management staff, planning large scale projects and overseeing the construction teams on site, ensuring all aspects of the projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
Therefore this role would ideally suit a committed, highly motivated, ambitious, individual with relevant experience within the field.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum of 3 years experience working for a comparable business in new build/refurbishment projects. Refurbishment experience useful but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of construction methods and techniques
- Ability to challenge / interrogate designs in order to promote the most effective, buildable and cost effective solutions.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints
- Robust skills in safe delivery of projects
- Happy to travel around the North West
- Live within a commutable distance to Nelson
- Driving licence
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality
- An understanding of legal documentation
- Maths and IT knowledge
- Good verbal communication skills
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced commercial professional to make a mark on an established and exciting business.
The Contracts Manager will hold a high level of responsibility and authority to make a vital contribution as part of a close team.