Information Systems Officer, P3
INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund – Office of Investment Management
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG heads the Office of Investment Management (OIM), which manages a $86+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise of global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber, and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York and come from over 30 countries. For more information, please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/.
This position is in the Operations and Information Systems Section of the Office of Investment Management (OIM) of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Incumbent will be reporting to Information Systems Officer in the Infrastructure Team.
Within limits of delegated authority the Information Systems Officer may be responsible for the following duties.
• Manages projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems, and/or, participates as a member of an ICT Infrastructure team with responsibility for major components of the more complex systems.
• Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems related to networking, ICT Infrastructure, Microsoft Azure, Cisco, Checkpoint.
• Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
• Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing networks, ICT Infrastructure, user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
• Designs and maintains ICT Infrastructure components that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
• Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
• Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
• Develops business continuity and disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
• Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
• Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
• Facilitates communications between OIM/ISS and its clients for good client relations. Serves as coordinator in the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the client and OIM/ISS, for either specific IT services or general technology support, including any charge back mechanisms.
• Handles all aspects of contract administration including establishment of service level agreements with vendors and chargeback policy for users.
• Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in systems analysis, database design and programming. Knowledge of several high level programming languages and significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to include proficiency in the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity. Knowledge of interactive systems; good knowledge of organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s); independently maintains assigned systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certifications such as Cisco, CheckPoint, Microsoft MCSE, Azure, M365 are desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
At least five years of experience in ICT Network administration including configuring Cisco switches and routers, LANs, WANs, WIFI, Firewalls is required.
Experience using at least two years of Azure IaaS and PaaS networking and security concepts are desirable.
At least five years of experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Azure cloud infrastructure such as Azure AD, VNet, VMs, InTune, SCCM is desirable.
At least two years of experience in Office 365, Teams, SharePoint administration is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=167227&Lang=en-US to apply.