- Are you looking for a New role to run a large National Centre?
- Excellent opportunity to lead and develop a challenging Warehouse & Transport operation
My client are based within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain Sector, they are a Service Provider and have a great brand name, based in Exeter.
The General Manager will be responsible for;
- Report into the Regional Director
- Oversee the day to day Warehouse & Transport duties within a 100,000 sq. ft. Distribution facility in Exeter
- Be responsible for up to 200+ heads on site, managed through 3 direct reports at a Shift Manager / Shift Supervisor level.
- Work with key stakeholders both internally and externally including; Transport, Finance and HR.
- Ensure the operation is running efficiently and tracking at or below an agreed budgeted cost level.
- Take the lead for all H&S matters throughout the site.
- Manage the inbound, pick and dispatch teams working across varied shift patterns.
- Ensure Inventory damage / loss is kept to a minimum at all times.
- Be responsible for performance development, performance improvement / challenges and HR related issues up to disciplinary and dismissal.
- Manage and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement and hit the ground running
The successful candidate for the General Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Have worked for a Warehouse & Transport Environment
- Have managed in excess of 100+ staff previously.
- Experience within a service industry - Advantageous.
- Experience on managing budgets
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be results driven and commercially minded.
- Be commutable to Exeter
This candidate may have worked within a; Site Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager or General Manager role previously.
The successful General Manager will receive;
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
Car Allowance - £6,000
PHC + Family