Business Analyst - Insurance Saas Platform - Perm London
My client are an InsurTech, who have developed a suite of consumer focussed insurance solutions which deliver an engaging user experience. The role is for a technology focused Business Analyst to join the Delivery Team to support ongoing project delivery and new business initiatives. Working directly with new and existing clients, the role will be responsible for the analysis and preparation of business and functional requirements for client system implementations and changes to existing services, development of web site and client portals, working with project managers and stakeholders across the business.
- Understanding the business need and executing business analysis, customer engagement, systems and data analysis to enable a suitable solution which will meet the business need.
- Supporting the Head of Delivery to deliver business projects and initiatives on time.
- Taking ownership of the product, becoming an SME on that product and making product decisions to meet project and strategic business objectives.
- Articulation, definition and prioritisation of product requirements by writing user stories and scenarios, maintaining a product backlog, prioritisation and assisting with development estimation.
- Participation in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and review meetings, retrospectives and sprint demonstrations/playback sessions.
- Demonstrating completed work to business stakeholders and assessing recognised value delivered.
- Having close relationships and communication with members of the Development Team to make development decisions and ensure the objectives and requirements of each sprint is well understood.
- Performing analysis on existing systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Supporting the Project Management function to ensure project and requirements scope is adhered to, risks and issues are raised and resolved/mitigated, and any changes are recorded and tracked.
- Supporting QA and Customer UAT to ensure thorough understanding of requirements as well as providing advice or clarification on any issues raised during test cycles.
- Accurate preparation of written business correspondence and documentation that is coherent, factually and grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders across the board.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal and external customers and recognises when issues/events may affect delivery and takes action to mitigate.
Candidate Profile/Key Skills
- Experience working in a client centric and/or client facing role, ideally in a financial services institution.
- Knowledge of General Insurance, ideally both Personal and Commercial lines. Knowledge of Insurance Brokers, MGA's, Insurers, Price Comparison Websites a big advantage;.
- Strong analysis and requirements gathering skills, both business and systems focussed.
- Experience of performing business analysis on web site and/or client portal interface related projects, including preparation and presentation of wireframes, related current and future state business process models and production of business analysis artefacts.
- Knowledge and experience of SDLC, specifically Agile project delivery methods with solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in an Agile environment.
- Ability to liaise with architecture, development and functional testing (in-house and UAT) stakeholders to ensure requirements are well understood.
- Strong and proven soft' skills with the ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging and thorough manner to stakeholders across the board.
- Solid Microsoft Office & Project Management tools skills.
- Understanding of Cloud (Azure), Schema-less databases (Mongo) and automated test technology would be advantageous.B