Associate Sales Director - Sustainability
We at Lewis Davey are delighted to recruiting for our client, a leading sustainability consultancy with global reach seeking to expand the UK Commercial Team with the addition of an Associate Sales Director. This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for sustainability who is looking to further their career in consulting sales and have a key managerial role in the Commercial team.
Working closely with the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with Sales and Consulting colleagues to prospect and close sales in line with team and personal targets. They will play a key role in developing and streamlining the Sales organisation by demonstrating commitment and passion, leveraging resources efficiently and driving continued rapid revenue growth by meeting/exceeding revenue, margin, expense, hiring and profit targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Successfully delivered sales for a business providing sustainability, carbon or energy services, including knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
• Extensive commercial consulting experience is highly desired with demonstratable success in a consultative selling environment, through application of a proven sales framework (e.g. Beacon, Miller Heiman, etc.)
• Strong writing skills
• A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client relationships and engagements
• Successful track record of personally closing significant levels of business with FTSE 100 and 250 clients, preferably within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector 2
• Demonstrates depth of market knowledge and is adept at presenting to/working with C suite audiences to help shape solutions that meet their business needs and goals • Knowledge of Carbon Markets / Offseting / REC
• Active, hands-on approach with clients, not reluctant to cold call, travel and personally help colleagues' close opportunities as necessary
• Willingness to learn and develop technical skills and knowledge in line with our client broad portfolio of work and a genuine interest and passion for sustainability
• Evidence of establishing and maintaining a strong network of clients. A contact base at executive level across relevant companies would be highly valued
• New business: Respond to inbound leads and prospect/ identify new business opportunities to existing and new customers through online and offline lead generation activities
• Account management: Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business and further penetration through identification of new business opportunities that add value
• Quality assurance and team support: Support Sales and Advisory team members to achieve their own sales targets by contributing to and reviewing sales documentation, presentations, pitches etc, ensuring quality/accuracy of information
• Lead qualification: Working closely with the Marketing team, contact and qualify marketing qualified leads (leads generated through our clients content lead marketing platform)
• Service development: Developing and building sales offerings in line with market requirements, and supporting infrastructure and culture to enable the planned revenue growth.
• Continuous improvement: Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and improve sales collateral (proposals, presentations etc.) 3
• Customer feedback: Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required
• Self-management: Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets, and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings
• Collaboration: Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across the company Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts
• Relationships: Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationships with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation as well as line managing junior members of the team and being a key point of contact and deputising for Commercial Director as required
• Feedback: Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/ opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate
In return our client is offering a fantastic package with a salary of up to GBP75,000 (dependent on experience) with an excellent bonus and commission platform for the successful candidate to thrive and develop.
Our client offer flexible working and would ideally encourage a collaborative meeting with team at least once a week at the office but negotiable on circumstances.
Please apply today or please email for more information and to arrange a confidential chat.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.