Niche International High-Tech Equipment Manufacturer
£Attractive Six Figure Base; Bonus; Car Allowance; Benefits and Relocation Package
Location - North Yorkshire Coast / Scarborough / Hull / York
- A leading British high-tech engineering export-led business that designs, manufactures, and supplies a highly innovative range of electronic equipment to an international customer base.
- Part of a global capital equipment group, the company is the fulcrum of a newly formed division. With manufacturing sites in North Yorkshire and across Europe, and international sales offices, the division is highly profitable and has annual sales of circa £90m. Opportunities for development through organic growth and acquisition are extensive.
- With the divisional head office based close to the east coast of North Yorkshire, the location offers a great quality of life, and is within easy reach of Scarborough, Hull, York, Leeds, and Harrogate.
- Reporting to the Divisional President, you will have P&L and balance sheet responsibility for the business, and will lead a board team responsible for Finance, Operations and Sales & Marketing. This will be a customer-facing role, with regular travel to the group’s international head office.
- Enable the business to meet its ambitious growth targets, and ensure it continues to integrate effectively within its new divisional structure whilst benefiting from its group’s technical capabilities and M&A support.
- Lead the regular delivery of presentations to communicate the performance of the organisation’s monthly results, divisional forecasts, and budgets.
- You will be an established and ambitious Managing Director / Business Unit Leader, with the necessary experience and leadership skills to lead and develop a successful international manufacturing organisation. Most likely degree-educated, you will have had experience of leading a related capital equipment or components manufacturing organisation, ideally with a strong technical appreciation of an environment which offers electronic and software engineering expertise.
- You will have in-depth experience of a corporate blue-chip environment, where you will have successfully grown your responsibilities and become effective at regular and detailed reporting to a parent division or head office.
- A strong mentor and coach who is able to develop their team, in order to expand their skills and increase their opportunities for success and development.
Should you wish to have an informal and confidential discussion before applying, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners: Jonathan Burke, Head of UK Manufacturing & Engineering Practice - 0113 386 8525.