Infrastructure Project Manager
IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Full time Permanent
Home Based with regular travel to end client sites UK wide
Up to GBP65k basic + travel expenses + Benefits
My client is a technology services provider; supporting its customers through the complex life cycle of their assets from acquisition through to retirement, including supply of the resources required to consult, support and project manage throughout the journey.
Consulting & Project Services are dedicated to the delivery of programmes and projects across the Infrastructure/Data-Centre and End User Computing technologies, focusing on ensuring the right solution is delivered on time and on budget.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of customer projects and is ultimately responsible for the success of the project.
- Drive customer and in-house teams to deliver projects within the agreed time, cost and quality parameters, dealing with any issues or conflicts
- Ensure regular communications of progress to stakeholders throughout project delivery and strive to achieve full customer satisfaction, thereby achieving positive customer endorsements Ensure that the project (and project team members) follow the standard processes and procedures as applicable
- Ensure that the project governance is set up, is transparent and effective
- Communicate effectively, to represent my client positively within senior levels of the customer's organisation, including key business stakeholders
- Promote the vision of the project and drive the project team to achieve the project objectives & goals
- Report project status back to my client on a regular basis, including escalating early within internal management any project issues to ensure awareness and management action
- Manage and direct work of a multi-functional, multi-location team, including any sub-contractors and 3rd parties where required.
- Pro-actively manage project finances and budgets, including raising and managing any scope changes as required
- Identification and proactive management of project risks, issues and dependencies, including mitigation management
- Monitor and report back to my client of potential additional project customer opportunities
- Set reasonable, challenging and clear expectations for team members and hold them accountable for meeting the expectations.
- Mentor and develop junior members of staff in a nurturing manner
- Additional responsibilities for a portfolio of projects which are not necessarily connected but will have their own individual goals.
- Demonstrable experience of Project Management of IT Infrastructure Projects: Data Centre Migrations/Migrations of Apps or Infrastructure to Cloud/Desktop or Workspace transformation/Deployment or Roll outs/Virtualisation/Network Projects
- Project Management in complex and large corporate organisations
- Demonstrable experience of managing large project budgets more than GBP1M
- Customer Facing Project Management experience is essential
- Prince2 Practitioner Certified
- Current full UK driving licence
- Ability to travel regularly in UK
- Software - MS Office, MS Project