Sales Director – Ibstock Clay Division
- Excellent long term career opportunity
- Market leading manufacturer
About Our Client
Ibstock plc is a market leading FTSE 250 manufacturer of innovative clay and concrete building products. With a turnover in excess of £400M and over 2,000 employees, Ibstock plc are an iconic brand steeped in the history of brick making. They have been building the face of Britain, as well as the look and feel of our built environment, for over 200 years.
Ibstock Plc has a key focus on sustainability, growth and innovation. They are committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing, repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and the built environment infrastructure.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Director to lead the Ibstock Clay Division across Sales, Commercial and the Customer Service teams, which accounts for more than £300M t/o across 3 key sectors (House Builders & Developers, Builders Merchants and Direct Distribution, Architects & Specification).
We are looking for a candidate who has proven sales and commercial leadership capabilities in a high-quality environment, as well as experience in leading transformational change within a large sales organisation managing multiple sales channels.
- Provide clear vision to the Ibstock Clay Division's Sales, Commercial and Customer Service teams, ensuring there is a clear commercial strategy and plan in place.
- To ensure that robust commercial sales plans are in place across the three key sectors by customer and product group to maximise Ibstock Clay profits and share of business within each customer.
- Achieving sales and profit levels in line with budget targets across specified categories and customer segmentation, whilst ensuring first class standards of operation.
- Close focus on price and cost management, ensuring protection of profit margins across the Clay Division.
- Manage effective cross functional relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to implement targeted sales strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring a continuous improvement culture and mind-set, as well as leading transformational change across the Sales & Commercial teams.
- Implement the sales forecasting and demand planning processes, establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Lead product and category diversification with new products and/or routes to markets.
- Responsibility for ensuring commercial excellence across the three sectors is achieved and measured through key performance indicators.
The Successful Applicant
- The ability to define and present a clear vision that takes account of the opinions and perspectives of others to drive positive engagement.
- Demonstrable experience as a Sales/Commercial Director, developing customer-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrable experience of leading, training and creating sales excellence and best practice within large teams in a sales and commercial business to business environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial and commercial instincts and looks for new ways to drive success within the business framework and strategies.
- Excellent communicator, with good facilitation skills, and a highly developed influencing style across all levels of stakeholders both internal and external.
- A natural change agent that can identify what is needed to drive business success and is not afraid to implement.
- The gravitas and charisma to undertake senior customer engagements and relationship management.
- Able to process complex information to recognise the commercial and account development opportunities to create compelling commercial propositions for both parties.
- Open leadership style with strong values, integrity, ability and ambition to progress a long-term career in an expanding and market leading FTSE 250 business.
- Flexible home location for the succesful candidate with ability to travel across extensively across the UK
What's on Offer
Executive salary and benefits package on offer for successful candidate
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN1020214509806Z
Apply for Sales Director – Ibstock Clay Division
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly