Finance Director - Digital Asset Manager
- Hyper-growth industry
- Offer investors access to decentralised finance
About Our Client
Valour is the asset management arm of Defi Technologies. Backed by leading entrepreneurs and investors in the fintech space, Valour aims to be the digital asset manager of choice. We have ambitious growth plans; by combining our deep expertise in digital assets and emerging technologies with investment and risk management best practices from leading traditional financial institutions - we offer investors access to decentralised finance without any of the operational complexities or technical risks associated with direct investment.
Valour's products provide a way to invest with confidence, without compromising on the Embedded standards required of traditional asset class investments.
Our existing products are simple listed tracker certificates that enable investors to access the best opportunities in the digital asset space. Products are currently available on Boerse Frankfurt in Germany, and on the NGM stock exchange in Sweden. We have plans to open new markets and have a pipeline of innovative products in development.
Valour is working to become the world's leading digital asset investment firm - and we are looking for great people to help us achieve this ambition.
As Finance Director - Digital Asset Manager you will be reporting to the COO and will undertake the role of financial leader within the organisation. Responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all finance activities, including business planning, budgeting and forecasting. You will oversee the parent entity and 3 subsidiaries in Switzerland, Sweden and the UK.
Furthermore, you will support the executive team in making decisions relating to financial strategy including ensuring adequate reserve ratios across all asset classes (ie digital, cryptocurrencies and fiat) and managing FX exposure. You will also help design and implement internal controls, policies and procedures, oversee and advise on capital deployment and cash flow planning as well as liaising with regulatory bodies, external auditors and tax agents.
The role will evolve as we grow and initially a lot of work will be very hands on and incredibly varied including;
- setting up processes, procedures, controls and policies
- selecting the most appropriate accounting software for the firm
- embedding all processes linked to the newly established UK subsidiary
- building efficient processes for revenue recognition
- streamlining accounts payable processes and embed an expense management system
- monitoring cash flow
- establishing a month end process across the firm
- manage quarterly consolidated accounts process with the help of an external accounting firm
- building financial planning and analysis processes from scratch eg budgeting and cash flow forecasts aswell as establishing KPIs
- ensuring effective internal controls are in place and compliance with applicable laws and regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting.
Having built the foundations across the business you will work with the COO to deliver scaled processes and valuable insights across the business including;
- delivering business KPIs
- overseeing all treasury functions for both fiat and digital assets
- ensuring adequate capital is available, and properly allocated across the organisation to ensure maximum ROI
- providing strategic recommendations to the executive leadership team on both short and long term strategic financial objectives
- managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgeting, business segment profitability and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- advising on long term business and financial planning
- identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the business
- establish and develop relationships with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for Finance Director - Digital Asset Manager will be a qualified accountant with;
- An interest in block chain, digital assets and the future of decentralised finance
- Bachelor's degree from globally recognised university
- Strong treasury and capital markets focused background
- Experience in asset management, B2B Fintech or other early stage environment
- Strong knowledge in FX, hedging strategies, cash management and financial modelling
- Ability to work well in an unstructured and fast paced environment
- Experience in evaluating, selecting and implementing accounting software
- Early career audit experience
- A proven track record of negotiating contracts, business pricing agreements and/or partnerships
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in financial systems and reporting
What's on Offer
This is an incredible opportunity to join a a fast-growing, forward thinking, technical organisation that truly values collaboration in an industry that is at the forefront of technological development. The FD will play a big role in the future success of Valour.
The role can be based anywhere in the UK, but will be required to travel a couple of times a week (London/Manchester) as well a periodic travel to Switzerland. Alternatively for the right candidate the role could be based in Switzerland (Swiss work permit or national).
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSSJNZ