Services Director / COO - IT /Telecoms Services sector
7 days left
Our client is an established and innovative provider of IT and communications solutions. The business is backed by Private Equity and is headquartered in Central London, with an additional sites in the Midlands and the North West. The business has grown recently through several acquisitions and currently has revenues of c£50m and a projected EBITDA of c£6m . It employs c300 people across its sites and is led by an experienced and highly successful leadership team, which the Services Director will be an integral part of.
REQUIREMENT FOR A SERVICES DIRECTOR
Following the appointment of a new CEO who will lead the continued growth of the business to exit, there is now a requirement for a highly experienced Services Director to join the Leadership team too. This is driven by the need for continual improvement and also the shift from on-premise to the Cloud.
Reporting directly to the CEO, and part of the Executive Committee, the Services Director is responsible for customer service across the UC and SD-LAN parts of the business.
The role requires excellent interpersonal skill to forge good relationships with internal customers (leadership team and peers) and external customers. The Services Director will possess an in-depth and broad understanding of IT Services, Infrastructure, processes and operational performance management, coupled with skills to drive operational efficiencies.
- Lead and manage the service delivery for all UC IT services and solutions. The services include deployment, implementation, support, maintenance and product configuration for clients.
- Work with the sales team to achieve customer satisfaction for the services that are delivered to their customers
- Drive great customer service deliver and satisfaction in a highly efficient, secure and resilient way
- Continually improving the service offer, taking account of market developments and the need to find innovative ways to deliver more value
- Manage and lead geographically disparate staff through demonstrable people management skills.
- Develop and take responsibility for the budget, forecasting resource and skill needs and manage those forecasts against budgets and be accountable for driving the requirements to meet those forecasts.
- Provide input and support to technology strategy plans and product propositions.
- Be personally involved in managing clients as appropriate
- Manage the costs and forecasts across all customer delivered services
- Deliver continuous performance improvement
- Drive internal systems investments to support service delivery, working with the IT team
- Support Business Development efforts for new customers
- An experienced customer facing IT services leader who has operated in the IT services or unified communications space
- Experience of working in a complex IT environment across multiple UK sites with experience of cross-cultural working in a demanding business. Experience of team size 50+ people (current team of c.75) .
- Have also operated in mid-sized businesses so that they are able to deal with smaller more entrepreneurial businesses
- Experience of working in professional services organisation with complex processing requirements
- A broad understanding of ITIL (or equivalent) is required, together with a pragmatic view to its implementation
- Ability to develop strong and successful internal and external working partnerships
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Understanding of how to balance business and technological requirements
- An ability to focus on strategic as well as operational detail
- Strong internal and external customer orientation
- A leader willing to be an owner and accountable for decisions
- Possess the skills and ambition to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business with a broad knowledge of programme management techniques.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form, with staff members, customers, suppliers and the management team with the ability to make decisions
- Passion, dynamism and drive with strong leadership skills
- Personal presence, integrity and credibility
- A team player, able to collaborate with senior colleagues
Apply for Services Director / COO - IT /Telecoms Services sector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly