Assistant Director - Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Contract / Interim
- Stonewater is looking for a new Assistant Director of Financial Services
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced manager within social housing
About Our Client
Stonewater is a leading social housing provider, with a mission to deliver good quality, affordable homes to people who need them most.
We manage around 33,600 homes in England for over 75,000 customers, including affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership, and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, domestic abuse refuges, a dedicated LGBTQ+ Safe Space, and young people's foyers.
Reporting to the Director of Finance (Operations), you will play a key role in Stonewater's strategic plan objectives, in delivering an effective service to their customers, achieving high performance in business critical KPIs, investing in and developing a high performing finance team.
Your key duties will include:
- Delivering a successful year end and acting as the key liaison between the external auditors and Stonewater.
- Ensuring a high quality and effective Finance business reporting function and systems, delivering process improvements where required.
- Overseeing the operational finance function of the Group, including monitoring, and developing controls, ensuring compliance with financial regulations and delegations of authority.
- Leading a team that is both performance and delivery focused.
The Successful Applicant
You must be a fully qualified accountant with strong communication and leadership skills gained managing large diverse teams. It is essential that the new incumbent has extensive experience delivering a successful year end and audit process with a strong interest in systems and exposure to system implementation.
This is an organisation that has a clear vision and route to achieve its goals, with the financial capability and the ambition to experience significant growth in the coming years. Some experience working in the social housing sector or for an organisation with a large asset base would be beneficial.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, equitable, and supportive workplace.
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £85,000 fixed term contract plus benefits
Closing date - 23rd November 2021
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE1120214520449Z
Apply for Assistant Director - Financial Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly