Head of Technical Accounting
Head of Technical Accounting needed for global Telecoms business in Berkshire!
GBP100,000 - GBP110,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Stanton House are partnering with a global brand business to help build their Accounting, Reporting & Control team, who are responsible for the integrity of the reported financial results. This team is responsible for the integrity of the reported financial results of the business. They provide clarity, insight and advice to a varied list of internal stakeholders and external shareholders. The importance of the role performed by the team is significant, ensuring accuracy and compliance across each of the reporting requirements of the business.
As the Head of Technical Accounting, it's your job to provide International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) technical accounting advice to the whole of the business across all relevant issues.
To successfully deliver in the profile position, you will need to have:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent experience, with a proven technical accounting background
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IFRS and US GAAP accounting principles
- Experience of resolving complex accounting issues and transactions; formation of detailed accounting position papers
- Experience reading and deciphering contracts to determine an appropriate accounting treatment
- Articulate with strong communication skills and the ability to liaise, negotiate with, and influence a wide range of internal stakeholders across all levels and business areas
- Previous experience managing a team
A little more information about the role:
- You will partner closely with the leadership of the company regarding accounting policy assessments on new contracts, products and business opportunities and be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company's accounting policies.
- Provide direction to the business and significant input to develop appropriate legal language to support the appropriate accounting conclusion.
- Maintain a strong relationship with our shareholders to ensure they are well informed of changes and conclusions made to the accounting policies.
- Own the relationship with external auditors to obtain approval of all accounting principles adopted by the business.
- Develop and administer accounting policy training to ensure a robust framework of understanding across finance and a well-informed workforce.
- Provide flexibility to assist the financial reporting and accounting control teams with special projects, including debt issuances and refinancing.
If you have the skill set required, or would like further information, please apply below. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to every unsuccessful applicant