Director of Centre of Excellence
2 days left
Our client, a global firm in the Industrial space, is creating a new Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Finance and Procurement. The CoE will allow the retained and outsourced functions to operate together whilst also providing resources focussed on continuous improvement, aspiring towards best practice.
The CoE is a critical component of the new Finance & Procurement Target Operating Model and a key role of the CoE is to govern the relationship with the new BPO provider, ensuring both parties deliver to their contractual obligations and that the business case is fully realised.
A Director of CoE is required to lead and oversee the creation of the CoE with the chosen BPO partner.
This is a senior leadership role, reporting to the CFO and will be the main conduit between our client and their BPO partner. This role is open to both people in permanent roles looking for their next move (although notice periods of more than 3 months could be problematic) as well as professional interims who are experienced in this type of Finance Transformation work. For the avoidance of doubt, this will be an 18 month contract or permanent role on the client’s payroll with full benefits and bonus.
The Finance function is based in the UK in two main hubs and the Director of CoE will therefore divide their time between UK locations, remote working arrangements as well as spending some time abroad at the BPO partner sites in Asia and South America.
The Director of CoE’s role is to ensure the business realises the benefits of the new operating model in Finance and Procurement, working closely with internal stakeholders such as business units and regional Managing Directors, all senior finance management and the Group functions (including Treasury, Tax and Group Finance). The successful candidate will create a powerful partnership with the chosen BPO provider.
- Work as part of the Global Finance Leadership Team to define the future strategy of the Finance & Procurement function and to prioritise transformation efforts going forward.
- Develop strong working relationships with the outsource provider, Business Unit Finance Directors, Group Finance Directors and regional Heads of Finance to ensure successful delivery of key activities by the CoE and ensure a smooth interface between retained finance/procurement activities and those outsourced.
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of the activities within the CoE and ensure that appropriate governance is applied to all material process changes which take place within the company’s retained and outsourced processes.
- Develop and motivate a high-performance team and manage the succession plan in order to meet the immediate and future needs of the business.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in managing a large team, preferably in a Shared Service or a Centre of Excellence environment.
- It is likely that this person has created a CoE from scratch before and has experience of working with different third party outsource providers as well as different models and scales.
- Prior experience of working in a complex, international environment with operations in multiple territories is a must.
- Experience in a senior finance roles in both group head office environments and operating business units.
- Demonstrable experience of improving control, process and rigour around financial and operational metrics and the ability to analyse and present accurate and concise financial management information.
- Excellent communication skills with the authority and credibility to gain respect both internally and externally with people at all levels (including at Board/Audit Committee level).
- A ‘hands on’ mentality and be prepared to spend time away from the office as required. Whilst travel is likely to be minimal in the new digital environment, you may be expected to undertake site visits to our outsource provider as required.
- Proven and demonstrable track record in building, motivating and empowering finance teams.
- Experience of managing and developing teams of high calibre people.
Personal skills / experience
- Confident, and an engaging person who can build influential relationships around a diverse group.
- Gravitas and presence, enabling outstanding leadership and people management skills.
- Strong intellect combined with a customer-focused, commercial outlook and attention to detail.
- Straightforward, open, pragmatic personality with the ability to communicate with people at all levels in both financial and non-financial management.
In the first instance, please send your CV and details of your current remuneration. Please also detail your current notice period if applicable.
Apply for Director of Centre of Excellence
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly