Operational Excellence Manager
A specialist FMCG manufacturer has developed a brand new Operational Excellence Manager position to work with the senior leadership team on a new project and to facilitate a process improvement plan. This is an autonomous, varied role which will incorporate cross functional collaboration and allow you to drive sustainable change across their Warwickshire site.
An established business is looking to drive improvements across their site, aiming to get the most of their process, people ad equipment. As the Operational Excellence Manager, you will be working with the engineering and operational departments to deliver optimum site efficiency.
This is a key role in the business that will allow you to develop and drive process and operational improvements in order to deliver best possible capacity, capability and costings. A big part of this Operational Excellence Manager role will be ensuring maintenance and capital investments are delivered effectively and safely.
- Responsible for ensuring all company facilities and assets are fit for purpose, compliant, including management of key service contracts and suppliers, and propose improvement plans or capital investment cases to the board where appropriate.
- Ensure a proactive approach to HSE related issues to deliver continuous improvement of occupational and process safety.
- Implement an effective engineering and process improvement progamme and manage projects to improve efficiency, capability, product conversion costs and asset longevity.
- Ensure the correct level of maintenance and infrastructure sustenance for each site, including developing planned maintenance schedules and critical spare parts provision.
- Identify and facilitate solutions to process, engineering and technical problems.
- Support the Site/Production Managers to ensure that regular reviews of risk assessments / Safe Systems of Work for all activities and work equipment are undertaken.
- Support Site Leadership in determining KPIs for the site and measure them on a regular basis.
- Build a trusting relationship with peers and team members and work effectively cross-functionally providing constructive feedback and reporting for the site when required.
- Work with the Site/Production Managers to ensure best use of resources and support, best practice sharing and group policy implementation
- Drive for results individually and support the others in meeting site objectives/deadlines
- Support the senior management team in creating a collaborating, target driven working environment
This role is suited to a Process, Continuous Improvement or Project Engineer with chemical manufacturing experience who is looking for more responsibly. The successful applicant will have:
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Engineering (with Chemical experience)
- Continuous Improvement qualifications/knowledge
- HSE training would be an advantage
- An inclusive style and able to tailor communication effectively across at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Practical/proactive problem solver