Chair - Lyric Hammersmith Theatre
Lyric Hammersmith Theatre
The Lyric Hammersmith Theatre is one of London’s oldest producing houses. We occupy a very special place in the theatre ecology; producing world class theatre from the heart of Hammersmith. The Lyric is committed to being part of the community, and we believe passionately in excellence and integrity in everything we do.
We are a sector leader in developing young talent, making significant and impactful change where it matters most; to the lives of those for whom socio-economic disadvantage inhibits possibilities. Theatre has the power to change lives; through our work we empower young talent from West London and develop the future of British theatre.
We have six key business aims to deliver for 2022-2023:
- To work with the UK’s leading artists to develop and present world-class theatre from the heart of Hammersmith that speaks to existing and new audiences.
- To provide clear and sustainable pathways into the theatre industry for young people from all backgrounds in West London, supporting tomorrow’s artists.
- To deliver and build on our Commitment to Change Action Plan and further build our work in inclusivity and diversity.
- To provide greater access to our work on stage by making incisive connections to our projects and activity with young people; utilising the impact of excellence to inspire creativity and empower future audiences and theatre makers.
- To ensure the Lyric is resilient, dynamic and stable to face the challenges of the future without impacting our mission.
- To take the steps to ensure the Arts Council investment principles are embedded in all our activity from 2023+
At this exciting time, we are seeking a dynamic and ambitious new Chair who shares our vision and supports our ambitions as a major producing theatre. The Chair will share a passion for our artistic work and vision; they will be supportive of our projects for young people in West London, our commitment to being an equal, diverse, inclusive and an environmentally sustainable organisation. The successful candidate will have strong influencing abilities and authority, excellent judgement and will be an outstanding advocate for the organisation.
Our new Chair will need to have robust social, cultural and commercial awareness. We are looking for an accomplished leader who is a strong communicator, able to draw on networks and make connections for the Lyric.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please visit our microsite for further details and get in touch with our search partners at Green Park to find out more:
Closing date: Tuesday 23 November 2021 at 11.59pm