GENERAL MANAGER – COWDRAY PARK POLO CLUB
RECOGNISED WORLDWIDE AS THE HOME OF BRITISH POLO
Competitive Salary & Benefits West Sussex
A unique opportunity to lead Cowdray Park Polo Club and build on its reputation as the UK’s premier polo destination. With a long and illustrious history, the organisation, which sits within the wider Cowdray Estate, requires an ambitious and versatile leader to deliver on the multitude of exciting opportunities that lie ahead.
- Assume full day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of all aspects of a leading international sporting club by working closely with a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure continued development and growth.
- In collaboration with the Committee, devise and execute a strategy that will enhance Cowdray Park’s reputation as one of the world’s leading sporting destinations that builds on the Estate’s wider commercial, environmental and social aspirations.
- Lead an experienced and passionate team and ensure best in class systems and processes are in place to enable the smooth delivery of all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure the very highest standards of client service are achieved at all times to drive repeat business and actively promote and market the business to develop key commercial relationships.
- Charismatic, inspirational and entrepreneurially minded leader. Experience in the sporting, hospitality and / or leisure sectors an advantage.
- Proven experience in P&L management with an analytical mindset that facilitates commercial decision making. Strategic thinker with ability to put forward robust financial appraisals.
- A delegator with the ability to motivate and build positive relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders whose aims and ambitions can at times appear conflicting, thus requiring empathy and deft management.
- As an ambassador for the organisation, take a proactive and pragmatic approach to enhancing its brand and reputation whilst acting as the key point of contact for all major stakeholders.
For further information please contact Charlie van Exter at Tarver Melrose via the Apply button: