Improve the service provided by the ambulance call centres by the introduction of a new facility. Use your board level management and business case expertise to deliver this multi £million programme in the east of England across Norwich, Essex, Bedford and more
Ambulance service based in the east of England
The programme manager will:
Be accountable for a clear and coherent programme strategy that combines the multiple, complex and often competing workstreams required to deliver a £multi- million infrastructure change across the HQ/AOC and training estate.
1.2 To deliver a full and sophisticated Benefits Realisation case that demonstrates the system value in terms of monetary and non- monetary outcomes from the programme, and how the benefits will be realised.
1.3 Deliver the full HM treasury 5 case model business case submission, associated with the Trust Transformation Programme working closely with the Infrastructure and Estates Programme Lead, Estates Director, Chief Financial Officer and others as required.
1.4 Accountable for the executive quarterly reporting on the transformation plan progress with escalations and recommended resolutions and solutions outlined.
1.5 Must have in-depth knowledge and experience of national guidance and the HM Treasury 5 case business case model, to lead the delivery of the programme business case submissions.
1.6 Operationally accountable for, manage (as required) and co-ordinate for the following elements:
- Delivery of the portfolio of programmes and benefits articulated in the SOC.
- Development of Corporate level strategies and policies as necessary, including assurance.
1.7 To manage a multi-disciplinary programme to ensure workstream synthesis and identify operational or financial variance from plan that requires programme wide re-planning or escalation to ensure the Trust delivers this change programme on time and within budget assumptions
- Use of extensive suite of programme and change management expertise to ensure benefits are realised and embedded.
- Prepare and present six-monthly programme update presentations to Executive Management Team and Performance and Finance Committee/Trust Board as required outlining programme progress and escalations/mitigation's.
- Across all disciplines with the HQ/AOC/Training estate programme, deliver a comprehensive training analysis review, formulate required training programmes to deliver quality and assurance on both performance and clinical safety within the remit of the programme.
- Write and update Strategy/Policy documents covering services within sphere of control deliver service change according to Policy with interpretation that ensures smooth transition of change without challenge. Deliver confidence and assurance to all levels within organisation that Policy is adhered to.
- Overseeing, directing and managing the delivery of the portfolio, being the 'go-to' person for it, and ensuring it is connected to wider stakeholder network including OPE, Blue Light, ICS et al.
2.1 To develop effective governance systems that meet the requirements of internal and external monitoring organisations/regulators and delivers effective decision making e.g., progress reports to NHSI, KPIs, budgets, reports to CCGs and that these are effectively managed.
2.2 To identify, lead and monitor the implementation of the programme and change initiatives ensuring that staff and external stakeholders fully understand their roles in supporting the Trust to achieve its objectives,
2.3 To support in the development, monitoring and delivery of the priorities to support the overall Trust strategic plan.
2.4 To keep staff abreast of programme progress and provide a forum to share best practice and lessons learnt.
2.5 To monitor the expenditure of external support costs and ensure best value for money.
3.1 To communicate with and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, many of whom are very senior to provide clarity of purpose, direction and programme assurance, including managing potentially hostile/contentious situations.
3.2 To be an ambassador for the Trust and Estates Team by networking externally to share good practice as well as developing and exploring partnership and resource opportunities.
3.3 Develop relationships with other NHS organisations, public sector bodies, universities and other organisations as necessary.
3.4 Lead the process to develop innovative procurement methods with external partners or bodies
The programme manager will need experience with:
Business case writing experience
Experience of managing previous Estate Rationalisation, and Reconfiguration, covering all corporate areas and functions.
Proven board level experience of leading and delivering complex change and strategy development programmes in a politically sensitive and complex environment.
Significant experience of managing and prioritising £multi-million budget with solid knowledge of financial process requirements across multiple departments including setting budgets and investment requirements for major projects (£5m+)
Desirable - Ambulance or public health, call centres or similar public sector and government programmes
£78k - 82k+ annual leave
Some weeks will be 5 days wfh and some weeks will require the Programme manager travel around east England which can be expensed.
Public sector and government
Can be Essex based or anywhere east of England. Norwhich or bury for example.