Town Planning Manager - residential development
Planning Manager position within a private developer to act as the Principal Point of Contact for all Town Planning matters within the region. Excellent position for someone wanting to take a step up or join from consultancy.
A UK's leading privately owned housebuilder, operating primarily across the Midlands, the North and Scotland. They have recently embarked on a new era of growth, which will accelerate the career of anyone joining. Their core market is the second and third time homes buyers.
You will be the primary point of contact for all planning matters in the region. You will work closely with the Land, Technical and Design departments and to advise on site viability, with a view to maximise profits and ensure all legislation, regulations and various Section obligations are met. Tasks will include:
- Draw up and agree (with the Design and Technical teams) a programme of action to clear necessary consents, conditions and/or matters for full consent.
- Supporting the Design & Technical teams to fulfil their obligations.
- Monitoring the individual programme and co-ordinating and managing the necessary actions in conjunction with the design and technical teams and (where necessary) the town planning team.
- Liaising with the local authorities and external agencies to maintain programme timescales
- Discharging all necessary 'pre start' Section 106 obligations or requirements.
- Preparing a monthly progress report of all relevant schemes and highlighting progress or slippage against original estimates.
To successfully apply for this position you will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5yrs professional Town Planning experience, ideally working on volume residential schemes. Beyond this, we're looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- An excellent track record of successfully delivering planning approvals.
- An in-depth understanding of adopted and emerging local and national planning policy and guidance as well as legal frameworks associated with planning management and development procurement.
- Comprehensive technical and legal knowledge and broad Financial / Commercial awareness that impact on land acquisition and planning matters
- Relevant qualification ideally but must be educated to at least degree standard.
Starting salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. You will get a company car or car allowance, as well as be eligible for a discretionary bonus, last year paying out in the 20%s.
Full onboarding and support with tailored professional development is prioritised.