Head of Data Change - HYBRID WORKING
Head of Data Change - HYBRID WORKING
One of our most prestigious clients is coming to market to find a dynamic and highly motivated Head of Data Change. They are in the throws of a complete overhaul of their systems and at the beginning of massive investment in the company.
Reporting to the Data Director, this role is responsible for leading, managing and overseeing Data change across the company, in support of our client's strategy.
You will be accountable for establishing the data development standards and ensuring adherence to these, as well as managing the delivery teams and their outputs. You will provide active financial management and support the Data Director in identifying opportunities to introduce and implement savings and efficiencies.
- Manage the Data Tower change delivery function, including oversight of data demand delivery through Data Portfolio, small change, and defect resolution, in collaboration with change programmes across the organisation.
- Oversee data development and improvement work across Data Tower systems, ensuring it adheres to Data Tower strategy and roadmap and intervene if delivery is at risk/compromised
- Effectively manage data delivery related dependencies and risks, including Cross-Tower dependencies impacting Data Tower change delivery
- Develop and maintain the data development standards within the Data Tower and ensure they are effectively implemented and adhered to
- Lead on the prioritisation of the delivery work in line with business needs and within Data Tower constraints. Ensure business expectations are managed in line with the development and release time scales, and within the allocated budget and other constraints
- Engage with stakeholders up to board level, manage data delivery expectations and influence decision making
- Promote a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within the development teams and ensure delivery is governed effectively to time, costs and quality.
- Ensure a common, measurable delivery reporting is enabled across the delivery teams and provide regular delivery progress updates to the Data Director
- Actively support the Data Director in optimising Data Tower ways of workingand processes for the delivery function
- Work closely with Central Programme Office and Finance to improve financial accuracy for the delivery function of Data Tower. Proactively assist the Data Director in identifying opportunities to introduce savings and efficiencies and support their effective introduction
- Manage the financial year planning and quarterly re-forecasting for the Data change portfolio of work. Work closely with the Data Tower project managers to enable ongoing reporting and governance consistency.
- Support the identification of data commercialisation/monetisation opportunities
Managing a team
- You will manage and provide direction to a diverse team of resources from different delivery organisations with differing levels of expertise
- You will lead teams and individuals effectively, developing their capabilities and experiences, clarifying roles and responsibilities and ensuring HR records and systems are kept up to date
- Ensure performance management is carried out consistently and effectively, and manage performance issues by providing timely and documented feedback to individuals who are not meeting the required performance expectations
Skill set required
- 10+ years of experience in data delivery, transformation and managing associated delivery teams
- Experience in holding leadership roles, directly managing data and analytics teams, and driving change within a large, complex Financial Services organisation
- A strong understanding of the Insurance business and awareness of the market drivers and trends, particularly the elements which drive policy pricing
- A strong track record of enforcing best practice. Able to combine rigour and discipline with a pragmatic approach to deliver the highest quality, cost effective solutions within set time-frames
- Extensive experience in delivery using multiple delivery methodologies, incl. Agile, Hybrid Agile, Waterfall. Experience includes leading successful teams to design and implement solutions for data management, data governance, group reporting and reconciliations
- Extensive experience in strategy and roadmap definition, technical design and delivery, operating model design, and business change and adoption
- Extensive data and Business Intelligence experience within a complex enterprise organisation. Experienced in data delivery and data transformation using a number of BI stacks and ETL tools, including SAS and Oracle
- Proven ability to understand and relay complex data-related issues in a simple and easy to understand manner; demonstrating expertise in big data technology infrastructure and environments coupled with business process architecture.
- An applied understanding of data governance and privacy, particularly compliance with GDPR within Insurance organisations
- Able to provide examples of involvement or leading large-scale data delivery projects within a Financial Services organisation
- Demonstrable experience of managing upward communication to Senior Stakeholders Management with both verbal and written communications
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams of varying sizes, managing performance issues and providing regular feedback within a structured performance management process
- Demonstrable experience of managing IT service risks and leading the implementation of changes to mitigate or address the risk.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website