Head of Business Solutions
Salary: up to GBP65,000 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Reporting to: Director of Technology
Hours: 36 hours per week
Post: Head of Business Solutions
Morgan Law are proud to be partnering with Tate to recruit this key role for their IT Team. Tate's Technology Department delivers operational, systems development and information management services to over 1,200 users internally across five sites, as well as supporting their website and platforms which are viewed and accessed across the world. The Head of Business Solutions will oversee a number of important organisational initiatives including the creation of a Full time project team to work closely with business stakeholders to deliver the Technology Roadmap. This roadmap will facilitate the implementation of several business-critical solutions over the next 3-5 years. The department is also in the process of formulating its 5-year strategic plan which will see several important infrastructure and business application development projects delivered, all of which will be coordinated and prioritised through the Business Solutions Team.
Working very closely with the Director of Technology and other directors within the business they are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, with strong ambassadorial skills, a great communicator and able to explain technology simply who thrives on delivering business change benefits with technology solutions. This role demands a thorough understanding of Programme and Project methodologies and digital technology. The ideal candidate will have the energy and passion to deliver great outcomes for Tate.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Work with the Technology Department's Leadership Team and senior leaders across Tate to identify and progress opportunities for improving technology/business solutions and processes and turn them into deliverable projects.
- Ensure the planned and managed delivery of technology-based initiatives arising from the Information Systems Strategy Group and agile continuous improvement in business platform areas
- Lead the business case, objectives, prioritisation and support business change aligned with technology improvements within business platform areas.
- Work as a key part of the Technology department's leadership team to ensure the solutions deliver benefits to key stakeholders in line with the Gallery's 5-year strategy.
- Work with the Technology leadership team to plan, prioritise and deliver the overall Technology Department workplan.
- Lead and manage Programme and Project Managers, Senior Platform Leads, Business, Data and Solution Analysts, enabling them to work with colleagues across Tate to shape, analyse and deliver business solutions as well as to deliver technology only projects.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the digital technology, for example Enterprise and Desktop Applications, Server Side knowledge, Cloud etc.
- A clear understanding and in-depth experience of end-user engagement at operational, tactical, and strategic levels, across business platform areas.
- Significant experience in programme and project delivery including Waterfall and Agile methodologies, leading cross-functional teams.
- In-depth experience of building and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation up to and including board level and within the technology-rich delivery functions.
- Significant experience of change management and process change and supporting project managers to ensure the changes are Embedded to gain the expected benefits from the programmes undertaken.
- Experience in business analysis and investigative/feasibility studies and test planning.
- Proven experience of managing and supporting the professional development of a diverse and high performing team, and of creating an inclusive and respectful culture within a team.
You can find further information about Tate and how to apply on our website, or please email (see below)
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all