Data Engineering Lead
Data Engineering Lead required to lead team of Data Engineers and define strategy on how the technology roadmap looks long term.
An innovative communications agency working with some of the biggest brands such as ITV and Nissan providing data engineering services that deliver data and insight strategies from their CRM platforms.
With a relatively new engineering function, they are looking for a skilled Data Engineer who can lead and grow a small team while setting data strategy for the organisation and implementing processes to drive client delivery, promote excellence and technical development, and adheres to key principles and processes.
They will guide and are responsible for strategic decisions with the support of a team of senior leads. This role is critical for ensuring the team is forward thinking and remains at the forefront of the field.
- Ensure excellence in the end to end delivery of complex data engineering projects and programmes for our clients and internal products.
- Lead the team in the design of technology solutions that meet the business needs of our clients in terms of sustainability, scalability, performance and security.
- Lead the design and development of database build, integration projects and change management across a diverse range of clients, industries and technologies.
- Overall responsibility for the management, mentorship and technical development of the Data Engineering.
- Responsibility for the Implementation, dissemination and adherence of Data Engineering methodologies, processes & principles.
- Role will be client facing and will articulate technology deliverables in both technical and plain English language.
- Work with the delivery team to ensure a robust process exists that seamlessly moves large projects and change requests from definition to delivery to on boarding to BAU.
- Lead and support strategic initiatives impacting the Data Engineering team such as Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering complex technology solutions
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, concepts, and approaches
- Highly professional individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in ETL/ELT processes
- Proven SSRS, SSIS and SSAS experience
- Background in database development utilising SQL Server, Redshift or equivalent technologies
- Ability to translate a set of highly complex technology deliverables into business benefit
- Awareness of high-standard documentation across the delivery cycle and the ability to hold multiple functions accountable for its creation
- Confident verbal and written communicator
Experience in the delivery of more than one of the following is essential:
- Enterprise level Business to Consumer database (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL)
- Cloud based deliveries within AWS or Azure
- Enterprise level Cross-channel Campaign Management (Adobe, Unica, Sales Force etc.)
- Mid to Enterprise level Digital Transformation programmes
- Enterprise level BI or visualisation programmes (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.)
- Enterprise level personalization programmes within a digital estate
- Mid to Enterprise level e-Commerce programmes
- Implementation of an enterprise level Data Management Platform
- Migration of legacy hosted solutions into a Cloud environment
- Programmes involved in processing and transformation of 'Big Data.'
The opportunity to join a truly Global digital communications business. The role offers the chance to shape and define the data engineering strategy of a business that is data led and have established their own internal offering over the last few years.
An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer along with flexible working.