National Transport Manager
Michael Page Logistics are currently recruiting for a National Transport Manager for our client based in Oxfordshire.
Our client are National Haulier operating within the groupage and pallet sector.
This role is a senior role and plays a critical part in our clients business. The successful candidate will work towards becoming the Transport Director of the business and will sit as part of the senior leadership team. You will lead the Transport division of the company and manage the complete Operation including H&S and Compliance. Your daily duties/responsibilities will cover
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and general well being of all employees within in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours regulations, VOSA
- To oversee the management of vehicle/trailer fleet ensuring all vehicles are legal, operational and are maintained to the required standard
- To build relationships and liaise regularly with contingent workforce supplier/agencies to ensure required coverage is achieved
- To manage, plan and control all areas of transport operations in respect of the warehouse loading/ cross dock activities
- To liaise with the clients regarding all aspects of transport operational performance
- To proactively control costs through ongoing planning, evaluation and execution of effective and efficient operation.
- To create reports to monitor performance and budgetary KPIs and compliance submission to client / General Manager on a daily basis
- To develop and implement transport operations processes, ensuring all directs are adequately trained, that compliance is monitored and measured and corrective actions put in place in the case of compliance failure.
- To maintain performance targets by means of processes, work performance and adequate staffing levels
Key Skills And Experience required
- Relevant transport qualifications (CPC), with proven experience of managing large scale, complex, multi-site transport operations
- An effective and supportive people manager who understands how to get the best out of their people, as well as build a high-performing team.
- Strong communication and presenting skills, with the ability to demonstrate this both at board level and across the business.
- An advanced influencer who can build strong relationships across our organisation and with external parties
- Knowledge and capability of working in an adaptive environment that has exacting standards and is focussed on service and delivery.
- Advanced sense of judgement and pragmatism
The role is available on a full time permanent contract and you will receive a highly competitive salary and package. You will be based at the business HO in Oxfordshire but will be require to travel to additional sites in the UK.