Regional Transport Operations Manager
Michael Page Logistics are looking to recruit a Regional Transport Manager for the South East.
Our client are a specialist fuel distributor. You will; cover 8 locations across the South East but will be given the choice of your "local" site where you will predominantly be based.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for achieving world class safety and service standards through creating an environment of positive and proactive engagement with the driver workforce, demonstrating behaviour in line with the Company Values and subsequently ensuring the business is recognised as the industry leader in driver relations management. You will provide support and guidance to all direct reports, ensuring the safe and cost effective utilisation of all drivers and equipment within their locations so as the customer service requirements are fully met and in line with business objectives.
You will be responsible for monitoring expenditure and local operational parameters and to proactively identify improvement possibilities. With the assistance of Contract Manager / Head of Operations and the fleet team pro-actively ensure structural vehicle / driver / subcontractor resources are in place in order to deliver world class service performance.
Performance will be measured on combined safety, service, cost / efficiency performance and driver attrition rates and the maintenance of a harmonious and stable Industrial Relations environment.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this role must meet the following criteria:
- Proven managerial experience ideally within a Unionised environment.
- Be CPC qualified, or hold other transport industry qualifications
- Have experience working in the transport industry
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships
- Have excellent people management skills
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office - Outlook and Excel
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.