Assistant Technical Manager
Work in progressing technical information pertaining to Structural, Civil and Architectural (primarily) aspects of new build MMC development from feasibility forward.
MMC developer with serious ambition, aiming to be the number one house builder within the next decade. Having established and consolidated with 4 regional offices, they are now embarking on a serious phase of growth providing homes to both the affordable and open market.
Focusing on the modular branch of MMC they are committed to sustainability, and champion technological innovation in to achieve not just carbon neutral status, but be zero-carbon. They are leaders too in their flexible approach to meeting growing demand for agile working and recognise the importance or work/life balance.
Having secured serious investment from big hitters in the industry, their growth potential is unrivalled as too would be your career trajectory.
As an Assistant Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the support to Technical Managers for site evaluations, engineering design, the investigations of any technical problems encountered involving management of design consultants, external parties and stakeholders, liaison with the relevant statutory, approval and local authorities, including Clients and Client's representatives.
- Assist in the supervision and administration for the delivery of full technical project management of new development sites.
- Support the Technical Manager with assessment of potential developments, opportunities, and production of detailed technical reports, including site visits to ensure best cost engineered solution is produced for land
- Responsible for managing all thePre-Construction information for each Project. This would include:
- Drafting the master project programme
- Reporting & managing risk
- Liaising with Clients & their Consultants
- Liaising with Statutory Bodies & Warranty Providers
- Ensure, with support from Technical Managers, schemes are designed to the company's technical standards to suit building, and economic considerations
- Responsible for managing and co-ordinating the Architectural design information. This would include:
- Client drawing requirements - Planning & Building Control submission
- Commercial technical handover
- Construction (D&I) handover
- Preparation for Factory launch meeting
- O&M manual
- Ensure schemes are produced within a time limit to suit programme deadlines and must consider external factors e.g. Local Authority Planning and Highways, Drainage undertakers, Drainage Boards, Service companies, and Local Committees issues as required
- Assist in the critique of engineering site feasibilities as instructed by the land department, with liaison with heads of departments & outside authorities and agencies to ensure complies with the required standards and business needs
- Establish good working relationships with Site staff and Department Heads to ensure schemes are constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the engineered solutions
Develop good working relationships with Local Authorities and ensure knowledge of the peculiarities of the Local Authorities, and knowledge of the many techniques applicable to the Housing Industry to ensure easy approvals and fast, marketable, economic house building.
If you have a precon background within volume residential development, and an interest in a broader role you'll be great!!! A "speciaility" as such isn't mandatory although good preconstruction experience is, meaning you will likely have a land/planning/technical background with a keen interest in preconstruction holistically. They are particularly interested in speaking with candidates who can demonstrate:
- Appreciable knowledge of all aspects of the residential sector from concept to final handover.
- Applicable knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
- Positive can-do attitude with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Demonstrable effective experience of working for a major company in a similar role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills with ability to deal with clients at all levels.
This is big role with a big package whereby you'll receive a starting salary of up to £55k with package including £6k car allowance and bonus potential, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, private pension scheme. You will enjoy hybrid working from both home and the office, currently hubbed from Tamworth.
It's worth noting that this business has serious growth plans ahead with backing and investment from big players in the industry. Joining now would only see your career grow in tangent with their growth and beyond.