Head of Estimating
Our client is a well-established Joint Venture of international leading companies delivering a long-term major capital design and delivery infrastructure programme in Scotland.
The JV is made up of companies that are heavily committed to the infrastructure sector in Scotland. Equally important, the JV companies have long standing relationships that have successfully delivered £billion’s worth of programmes and projects together under various joint venture and alliancing arrangements.
As sector specialists, with integrated design and build capability, there is a strong cultural and functional fit based on mutual understanding and respect of each other’s strengths. This has been key to their long-standing success in relational based contracting frameworks.
PROPOSALS MANAGER – THE ROLE
The Proposal Manager’s primary purpose is to be accountable for the preferred project option to meet all parent company requirements with respect to Governance and Approval.
This will include supporting the Head of Pre-Construction, Ops Managers and Project Managers, in the identification of preferred options.
This will culminate in the Client and Joint Venture Governance approval, whilst providing support in the transfer of the preferred option and associated Target Cost to the Delivery Team.
To facilitate the option development process, the Proposals Manager will also work with the JV and Client in the development of the joint estimating approach and the ongoing development of the Estimating Routines.
The Proposals Manager will form close relationships with the Supply Chain Manager and Supply Chain providing target cost development services.
- The successful candidate will manage an integrated estimating team which will include between 5 and 8 direct reports and will need to have a proven track record of effective staff development and employee relations experience.
- A team player, the Proposals Manager will require to develop close-working relationships with; Asset Planners, Product Owners, Commercial, estimating and Operations personnel; alongside technical and commercial resources in the Project Management space.
- Experience of Pre-Construction activities including experience associated with the option development stage of projects.
- Experience of the complexities associated with Civil, Process and MEICA scope of works.
- Can manage and facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Will chair governance approval meetings with SW and the JV Partners Senior Managers/Board Members.
- Can resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver results.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Chartered Professional Body accreditation preferred.
- Expert knowledge working as a Proposal/Estimating Manager, Senior Project Manager or a Technically minded Operations Manager on Design and Construction Projects.
- Experience of working with a utility, in the process industry or EPC complex infrastructure projects.
- Any JV experience will be beneficial.
Our client is a successful and well-respected JV working with a high-profile client. Our client benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being a JV made up of market leading international businesses.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities, services and market position.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as a senior manager within the JV. The appointee will be expected to play a major part in the operational success and development of the partnership with the client.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.