Our client is a well-established Joint Venture of international leading companies delivering a long-term major capital design and delivery infrastructure programme in Scotland.
The JV is made up of companies that are heavily committed to the infrastructure sector in Scotland. Equally important, the JV companies have long standing relationships that have successfully delivered £billion’s worth of programmes and projects together under various joint venture and alliancing arrangements.
As sector specialists, with integrated design and build capability, there is a strong cultural and functional fit based on mutual understanding and respect of each other’s strengths. This has been key to their long-standing success in relational based contracting frameworks.
INFORMATION MANAGER- THE ROLE
The objective of this position is to create and enforce policies for effective data and information management pertaining to the measured performance of The JV’s prescribed activities, including that shared with the Client. Including but not limited to:
- Programme Management
- Project Management
- Commercial Management
- People Management
The Information Manager will work closely with the Senior Leadership and Management Teams, Department Heads, and JV Management Team to:
- Ensure that accurate information flows timely and securely.
- Develop a consistent reporting approach supporting these individuals with a consistent representation of their activity, outputs and performance.
- Formulate management techniques for quality data and information collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management, interpretation, analysis and presentation.
- Discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
- Produce monthly board reports in terms of the management and presentation of source data including that required for Operational, JV Partner, and Strategic Boards.
- Align with the Client reporting tools, ensuring ‘1 version of the truth’ consistent reporting.
- Manage databases and multiple sources of information; to produce accurate and concise programme and project health-check information.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced IT expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; along with graphic and publishing software, such as PowerBi; and will be experienced in the management of large databases and multiple sources of information; to produce accurate and concise programme and project health-check information.
- Experience performing a similar role in the execution of a high-value capital programme or similar high-volume data management post.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Ability to work closely with the client in an Alliancing approach.
- Resilience and output driven and willing to take personal responsibility to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and able to communicate with staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret analytical information to support commercial decisions.
- Ability to step back from the detail to understand the ‘bigger picture’
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Relevant Degree BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field.
Our client is a successful and well-respected JV working with a high-profile client. Our client benefits from significant resources and experience offered by being a JV made up of market leading international businesses.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities, services and market position.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy as a senior manager within the JV. The appointee will be expected to play a major part in the operational success and development of the partnership with the client.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.