Senior Sales Manager
Exciting new role working for some fantastic people who are passionate in what they do. They invest in their people and look to develop and empower wherever possible.
Superb company that punches beyond their weight with great talent, Knowledge, service offering, delivery and technical systems/solutions.
Well-established business that has been successful in the Government, Defence, CNI and Security market for nearly 30 years. Their secure information solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe. When customers talk about "mission critical" they mean national security matters.
My client's success in the defence and security niche has been built on the ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also, being as good as the very best as an organisation.
A well-respected industry champion in their field; and more than capable of holding our own amongst the best in the industry.
As part of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) High Assurance community, they fully support the HMG mission to make the UK the safest place to conduct business online.
This is a home based sales role with required travel within the UK and occasionally overseas
The Senior Sales Manager will:
- Sell cyber security services, solutions and technology to Government, Government Agencies, Critical National Infrastructure and Security Agencies in the UK and Europe, generating revenues and margins in line with targets.
- Build and manage a credible sales pipeline that enables sales objectives to be met.
- Update CRM tool with detailed activities and next steps to provide full visibility into key accounts, opportunities and forecasts.
- Leverage, promote and collaborate with sales channels and partners as appropriate.
- Be a brand ambassador in the marketplace, participating in industry events and forums.
- Engage resources effectively in the pursuit of business including marketing, pre-sales and, where necessary, for larger scale strategic opportunities product development.
- Provide support to bids, as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge of companies offering.
The Senior Sales Manager will have:
- Track record of relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience
- Demonstrated track record of driving sales account revenue and exceeding revenue targets through consultative selling, supported by a current and effective network that has allowed you to do business successfully.
- Thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement cycles and a successful track record in negotiating and closing sales
- Proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at a senior stakeholder level combined with the knowledge and aptitude to present and explain the technical elements of product or services.
- The equivalent experience in a customer-side role, e.g. within a UK government High Assurance organisation
- Ability to co-ordinate the end-to end activities from pre-sales through to post sales to ensure excellent levels of engagement and service throughout the process.
- Either holding a minimum of UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep and broad understanding of the UK government market, such as FCDO, the Home Office and similar organisations. A range of deep relationships within UK government. Must be able to open doors and communicate at a senior level, also with users, project managers, commercial leads and technical staff.
- Knowledge of the Critical National Infrastructure market, particularly those in the High Assurance space, such as the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of the cyber security sector and NCSC's mission
- Ability to sell a range of capability, including outcomes, services and solutions
Home based with up to £70,000 base D.O.E with generous OTE + Benefits