Warehouse Operations Manager
Michael Page Logistics are looking to recruit a Warehouse Operations Manager for our client in Hemel Hempstead.
Our client are a well-known supplier to the retail sector.
You will be responsible for leading the 24/7 operation (consisting of up to 200+ colleagues), as well as the effective and successful management of labour, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set by the Business.
- Planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing operational requirements with the Warehouse Managers
- Provide operational recommendations and updates to strategic plans and reviews; devise and implement related action plans
- Implement productivity, quality, and customer-service related key performance indicators (KPI) by embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee the operation (Distribution, Transport and Reverse Logistics)
- Ensure all managers are aware of their own performance and that of the location
- Identifying potential in the team and ensuring relevant development plans are in place in line with the Talent Management Strategy. Identifying poor performance and taking appropriate action
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with publishers and key stakeholders in order to effectively communicate and resolve queries and issues relating to the distribution
- Forecast requirements and manage expenditures in line with agreed budgetary constraints
- Maintain the Company's health, safety and security standards whilst ensuring that standard operating procedures are adhered to
Deputising for the Hub Manager
The ideal candidate will have experience in a time sensitive warehouse environment managing a large team and budget. They will have proven experience of managing change and initiating improvements while maintaining objectives and KPIs. Proven experience of motivating and developing colleagues to cultivate a performance culture along are important as is the ability to spot and develop potential within the team. You will require an ability to solve problems and be able to delegate effectively. Finally, you must display enthusiasm and drive for achieving high standards along with the ability to remain calm in a pressurised time sensitive situation.
You will receive a competitive salary and package including car allowance.