To provide global strategic leadership and direction to the specialist teams of Finance, Procurement, Project Management, IT, Audit and Risk within a complex international setting and shifting global landscape.
- The Director will provide strong leadership to the finance and corporate services directorate, building and sustaining a culture of high performance and customer service with clearly articulated and agreed goals
- Leads the Commission's Head Office Finance Department
- Provides financial advice to the Director-General and Commissioners
- Leading the Commission's annual round of global planning and budgeting activity including the scrutiny and analysis of budget requests and supporting business cases. Prepares final budget submission to Commissioners.
- Acts in the role of Company Secretary to the Commission and the Charity
- Responsible for production of statutory accounts
- Manages accounting and financial systems and maintains full and accurate accounting records
- Conducts financial analysis and prepares detailed financial reports and statements
- Oversees procurement and champions best practice and compliance with public procurement regulations. Facilitates a global procurement system that secures continuing value for money in the procurement of goods and services
- Monitors Commission wide spending and recommends corrective actions as necessary
- Formulates, reviews, and assures the financial and accounting policies, global systems and protocols are robust and efficient.
- Leads on organisational Risk Management
- Oversees internal audit activities
- Responsible for UK payroll with a likely move to global responsibility in the next year
- Act as Secretary to the Imperial War Graves Endowment Fund
- Oversight of the Commission's closed defined benefit pension scheme building strong relationships with trustees
- Overall responsibility for management of both the Commission's Audit and Finance Committees
- Acts as Finance Director of the Commission's charitable subsidiary, the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation
- Technical accounting knowledge under UK, International and Charity accounting standards
- Extensive knowledge/experience of finance, taxation, and compliance for an international organisation
- Previous experience of working with an Endowment Fund and pension schemes.
- Company Secretary - (blue chip experience)
- An outstanding track record of Financial leadership success, with experience of successfully leading all aspects of a large finance function during periods of change and growth
- A qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent), also educated to degree level
- A strong technical background and familiarity with accounting and control, reporting, financial analysis and planning, budgeting, and forecasting, risk management, treasury, tax, and audit
- A proven track record of achievement in an international senior role leading multiple functions based in different geographical locations
- Budgetary responsibility of minimum 100 million GBP plus
- Experience of international payrolls, taxation, and compliance requirements
- Previous responsibility of overseeing an both pension schemes and endowment funds each responsible for significant funds
- Experience of public sector financing and UK Charity Accounting Standards
- Previous work experience in multi sectors, public, not-for-profit, private industry
- Experience in overseeing the delivery of major IT infrastructure and systems replacement projects
International Finance Directors - are you looking for a role with meaning and purpose? Why not help keep alive the memories of the men and women from the Commonwealth who died across the globe fighting in two world wars.