Warehouse Operations Manager
A senior leadership warehouse position within a progressive and growing employer.
Our client is a logistics specialist that is embarking on an exciting period of growth and investment.
As the Warehouse Operations Manager you will take full responsibility of a multi-client warehouse environment, ensuring operational efficiencies, service levels, people management and operational targets are met. Based at our clients site in Kent you will effectively support current and future contracts supporting the current business plan to introduce new customers. The role includes continuous improvement, business systems and process development opportunities whilst maintaining and developing customer relationships at a tactical level. Key responsibilities will include:
- Achieve budgeted levels of productivity and adherence to all KPI's and delivery of service levels as contractually agreed.
- Effectively plan warehouse layout, specifically around narrow aisle racking to deliver optimum space storage and operational efficiencies.
- Introduce, develop and manage continuous improvement methodologies into the operation as agreed with the GM.
- Build employee engagement amongst the workforce and develop action plans accordingly in conjunction with HR.
- Develop strong working relationship with colleagues through open forums and engagement meetings.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Site Management team ensuring departmental contributions to the overall network efficiencies.
- Encourage innovation through the management team to deliver Continuous Improvements targets for the site.
- Deliver legal compliance and governance to Health and Safety Legislation.
- Manage the deployment of labour, ensuring all operational deadlines are met.
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager must be able to commute to our clients site in Kent and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- An excellent track record developed in senior warehouse management positions, ideally within a fast moving environment.
- P&L budget experience is desired.
- Strong leadership capability identified through previous team management of 100+.
- Examples of coaching and development of colleagues.
- Experience of general warehouse layouts and WMS systems is essential.
- CI experience - process mapping, process improvement and process flows would be advantageous.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate.