Programme Director - 2 Year Contract
About The Role
At Simplyhealth, we’re looking for a Programme Director to join our business on a two year journey to oversee one of the biggest transformation programmes in our 148 year history. As Programme Director you’ll work closely with our 3rd party systems integrator to oversee two main releases of the programme with priority given to the business and technology change ensuring the criticality of the identified technology and associated business risks (operational, customer and reputational), supporting a programme of change that will lead to all business being migrated off current legacy systems.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), you’ll provide expert and strategic business advice with clarity on implications and priorities to enable decision being made in relation to:
- The transformation programme. Delivering business and technology change to our core operation, driven through ‘business led’ change, with business requirements and process re-design driving the technology solution.
- Oversight and delivery of two overarching releases to migrate from legacy systems.
- Business process re-design activity to ensure process and technology features are optimised.
- Ensuring migration of both legacy products minimises customer attrition / leakage risk, in turn reducing the risk of experiencing large scale adverse consequences associated with a large migration.
Please note this role will be home based for the remainder of 2021 until further notice due to COVID-19; there may be a requirement to attend meetings at our Hampshire head office in line with government guidelines.
You’ll need extensive experience overseeing large IT change implementations, ideally in a financial services organisation. You’ll have a strong grasp of IT project methodology with experience in data migration and a background in managing 3rd party providers having worked with systems integrators.
Your knowledge of insurance policy platforms, CRM systems (Salesforce) and financial systems (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable etc.) coupled with your excellent change management skills will provide confidence to key stakeholders, with experience and excellence at board level stakeholder engagement being a must. As an FCA regulated business we require a strong governance lens to ensure we manage all risks appropriately.
As a PAYE colleague you’ll receive a competitive basic salary plus:
- £7,200 car allowance
- 20% discretionary group annual bonus
- 36 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays) with an option to buy or sell a further 5 days
- A pension scheme with 6% from us, a minimum 3% from you with the option to increase or decrease when you join. If you decide to contribute 4% or above we will add a further 4% which can be allocated in different ways
- A yearly company funded allowance of £1,200 that you can choose to use against some great benefits such as critical illness, private medical insurance, or, shopping vouchers, pet insurance and more
- Simplyhealth core product choice: Cash plan or Dental plan
- 4 x Life Assurance
Your Recruitment Journey
At Simplyhealth we’re focused on providing an application, assessment and onboarding journey that is fair, consistent, diverse and inclusive for all, allowing us to hire top talent based on the skills and behaviours pivotal to your and our success.
We use a number of techniques to help us select successful candidates, these form part of each review and will vary according to the role. We provide details in advance to help you prepare, these may include but are not limited to:
- Pre-set video interview
- Verbal and numerical aptitude test
- Competency style interview
- Role Play
- Working styles questionnaire
If successful, we’ll contact you to tell you the great news of your offer and welcome to Simplyhealth, followed by details of your conditional offer of employment. The offer will be subject to our pre-employment checks, completed by our 3rd party partner Experian, which include a basic disclosure and barring service (DBS) and credit check.