Academy Business Manager
Academy Business Manager
The White Rose Academies Trust
Job title: Academy Business Manager
Hours: Full time, All year round
Salary: Spot £50,000 - £55,000
Reports To: Trust Business Director
The White Rose Academies Trust – leading the way in Education!
This role is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the White Rose Academies Trust on its journey to becoming World Class.
We are looking for an Academy Business Manager to provide strategic vision and leadership to all aspects of budgeting, finance, human resources, premises management and administration at local academy level.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a Leeds-based multi-academy Trust with a reputation for raising ambitions, engaging local communities and rapid school improvement.
The Trust currently employs over 450 members of staff and is responsible for educating and developing almost 4,000 students between the ages of 3 to 16.
The Trust consists of three secondary schools - Leeds City Academy, Leeds East Academy and Leeds West Academy, and also recently welcomed its first primary school (Mill Field Primary Academy) on 1st December 2020.
We believe the Trust is a highly desirable place of work for an ambitious professional, who will be joining one of the most supportive and talented teams in the country.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group. Other members of the group include Leeds Conservatoire, Keighley College, Harrogate College and Leeds City College. The group provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding Trust.
The Luminate Education Group is one of the largest education providers in the Yorkshire region, with over 30,000 students and 2,000 staff members, offering education from Early Years through to Higher Education.
Purpose of job: The Academy Business Manager will provide strategic vision and leadership to all aspects of budgeting, finance, human resources, premises management and administration at local academy level.
The Academy Business Manager will report directly into the Trust Business Director on the impact of their financial and operational strategy, ensuring that the highest quality and standards are maintained.
In addition to having responsibility for overall operational effectiveness at local academy level, the post holder will also be responsible for a strategic operational area across the trust.
Job Purpose and Objectives:
- Be a key leader in the trust’s overall business and operational function, role modelling exceptional leadership behaviours in line with the trust’s strategic operational vision.
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to the local operations team, ensuring high efficiency and effectiveness in deployment whilst driving high standards in improvements.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the financial procedures and systems of the academy as part of the leadership team and in co-operation with the Trust Business Director and Local Accountability Board, ensuring that legal and safety requirements with regard to people and property and function of the academy are maintained.
- Ensure effective management, reporting and recording of the academy’s finances including financial information for decision making.
- Manage, innovate, support and develop the office administration to ensure delivery of the academy’s strategic priorities in line with the vision.
- Play a central role in the Senior Leadership Team through the analysis of data and information to identify options, make recommendations and deliver evidence based timely decisions.
- Procure goods and services on a value-for-money basis to support education delivery within the context of regulatory frameworks and current legislation.
- Benchmark with other establishments and report back to the Trust Business Director and Local Accountability Board having integrated the data and drawn together evidence based conclusions for decision making.
- Champion economy, efficiency and effectiveness in all future operations.
- Assist with the promotion of good financial management ensuring that the academy is fully prepared to meet Ofsted financial criteria, internal and external audits.
- Play a lead role in workforce planning in line with the vision.
- Take operational responsibility for academy premises including health and safety, risk management, fire safety and premises maintenance programmes.
- Take a lead to ensure that the fundamental facilities and services necessary for the academy to function are maintained to drive sustainability and assist in expansion and community engagement.
- Manage all aspects of catering, in house and external, for the relevant academy.
Closing Date: Monday 28th June 2021 – 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 28th June 2021
Interview Date : Thursday 1st July 2021
Start Date: ASAP
For more information, please click apply.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.