CISO Chief Information Security Officer
The Houses of Parliament are home to the very heart of the United Kingdom’s democracy and government. With a rich history spanning centuries, most of today’s Palace of Westminster was built after the great fire of 1834. The Houses of Parliament are now in need of total restoration and renewal, which will cover the buildings themselves and the vast array of complex utilities. The Delivery Authority is engaging teams of architects, designers, engineers, project managers and contractors on the biggest and most complex renovation of a heritage building ever undertaken in the UK.
As part of the Restoration & Renewal Authority’s ambitions for world class digital and technology services in this vast and complex programme, a new permanent technology leadership team is required to ensure that the vision, strategy and approach to technology and information services is delivered.
To be successful in this position, you will be an experienced senior leader with skills gained in large scale environments of real complexity. You will be experienced in the development and leadership of teams aligned to world class technology services, and be an engaging and inspiring leader. You will be attracted to the authority, the House of Parliament and its purpose to the country. Expert in stakeholder engagement and partnering in a large scale and complex organisational structure, your track record will be to have delivered exceptional results by working with others, and to have developed your team for enduring success.
To oversee the security of electronic information, infrastructure, sensitive data and public reputation for the R&R Programme. This role is accountable for setting the strategy and execution of our cyber defences; enabling the R&R Programme to function optimally within safe parameters that minimise the risk of cyber related threats, attacks and business disruption.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Strategy, Policies & Standards: The CISO will be responsible for setting the cyber security strategy; and the security elements of digital strategy, IT architecture, IT policies and standards, technology assurance and IT professionalism. The CISO will also be responsible to advising the board and how best to exploit technology to deliver the organisation’s strategic objectives and provide strong strategic leadership of the organisation’s IT community and its investment in technology.
- Risk management: Work with senior stakeholders to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organisation. Establish and maintain corporate-wide initiatives to ensure information assets are adequately protected. Oversee accreditation and risk assessment activities.
- Day-to-day operations: Implementing and overseeing strategies to assess and mitigate cyber related risk, safeguarding the R&R Programme, its assets and crisis management.
- Security: Developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes and policies, identifying and reducing risks, limiting liability and exposure to informational, physical, and financial risk.
- Compliance: Making sure the company is compliant with local, national and global regulations, especially in areas like privacy and security.
- Innovation: Conducting research and executing security management solutions to help keep the organization safe
- Communications and awareness: To identify, assess and effectively communicate threats to the programme’s senior leadership team. Also responsible for raising awareness on cyber threats and how every individual within the programme can make changes to safeguard our assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the cyber threat landscape
- Expertise in adopting tools and techniques to protect infrastructure and information
- Experience in process and policy engineering
- Ability to analyse and mitigate risks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
This position comes with a highly competitive salary package with bonus and excellent benefits.
This is a rare opportunity for the right person to join an environment of purpose that will be recognised for generations.
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within at this level.
Visit our dedicated microsite for more information - www.harveynash.co.uk/restorationandrenewal.