Senior Fund Controller - Finance & Operations | Real Estate
Marks Sattin is retained by a highly regarded Pan-European private equity real estate investor.
This firm has a strong pipeline of deals in 2021 and beyond with their investment and asset management teams located around Europe. It has extensive knowledge of local markets that give them access to proprietary deal flow.
They are backed by leading institutional investors worldwide, including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, insurance companies and ultra-high net worth individuals.
The role itself is a chunky Fund Controller role with a great deal of autonomy. It covers controllership for the fund with a strong focus on transactions, supporting the deal team on acquisitions, disposals, refinancing and restructurings.
Whilst this role is initially stand-alone, you will hire a team to support you as the fund grows its AUM.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate quarterly financial statements and investor capital statements for the Fund and Co-Investments as well as investor specific reporting.
- Co-ordination of management reporting package including Fund investment by investment detail and expense analysis
- Work with the Fund Administration/Investor Reporting team to prepare capital calls and distribution notices to investors. Ensure capital activity is consistent with LPAs/ Capital waterfall
- Support the deal team on all Fund transactions - acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings etc.
- Establish a close working relationship with regional tax advisors and local legal counsel to ensure we meet all local statutory, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Assist in preparing information for investor reporting, including NAV calculations and other ad hoc requests
- Co-ordinate the annual audits for the Fund and related co-investment vehicles
- Responsible for updating the fund model quarterly
- Work with Fund Administration team on monitoring and reporting of financial covenants per the Fund LPA and the Fund credit facility agreement
- Ensure we track and respond to investor requests promptly
We are looking to hear from real estate fund finance professionals with 5-10 years Fund Controller level that is looking to move into a hybrid deal focused role. Ideally, you will be ACA trained or equivalent with experience of running a pan-European fund for a real estate investment manager.
For immediate consideration, please apply now or contact Sunil Basra for further information.