Our client, a UK based university, is currently looking to identify an experienced interim change leader to lead the institution through a significant period of change.
Reporting to the executive sponsor, the successful candidate will have ultimate responsibility for delivering a change in target operating model for professional & academic services.
You will lead on the engagement strategy as well as manage all key stakeholder relationships. Previous experience of working with academics is essential and being able to demonstrate a previous track record in academic change is important.
As well as the above you will also be responsible for:
- Shaping and initiating a programme to deliver key elements of the institutions Enabling Strategies, with a strong focus on efficiency and changes to their academic and professional service operating models
- Providing change management advice and an independent view/voice for the University's senior leadership team
- Be both a strategic thinker and a practical, hands-on organiser and "do-er"
- Bring excellent programme management fundamentals, but with a light touch approach so that focus is on action and results over methodology
We are looking for an inspirational leader who fosters a change culture where all employees can visualise a better future. You will have a hands-on approach and an 'open door' policy to all staff. You will have previously managed large-scale change and transformations within higher education and be able to demonstrate a track record of innovation and improvement and excellent stakeholder management.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven ability to deliver complex restructures within universities - academic & professional services
- A strong ability to successfully lead negotiations with trade unions
- Previous experience of implementing efficiencies and overseeing the implantation of complex transformations
- An ability to win hearts & minds and create a vision of the future for all to understand
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced interim to make a real difference to the future of this university.
If you are commercially minded change professional within the higher education sector, we would love to hear from you.