Grants & Major Donors Manager
We're looking for a full-cycle Grants, Trusts and Major Donor specialist to lead the income generation activities for an influential charity that strive towards educational equality for all school age children in the UK.
Our client is an Education Charity based in London
Reporting into the Director of Finance & Operations, the Grants & Major Donors Manager will lead on sourcing a diverse range of grants from trusts, foundations, institutional funders and major donors, working towards an ambitious but achievable £2M target outside of their existing government funding. Key responsibilities include:
- Sourcing new funding for key programmes and core-cost needs. This includes developing and leading on an overall fundraising strategy to maximise income generation and accurately forecasting to the Senior Management Team.
- Define and refine compelling cases for support for major donor funders and HNWI's
- Maximising returns from existing grant-makers, building out grant systems and approaches that maintain the organisation's impact at scale.
- Designing and administering a grant reporting structure to make sure that key milestones are captured and in keeping with relevant compliance policies.
- Conducting comprehensive fundraising research amongst Charitable Trusts, Corporate Foundations and Statutory grant-makers, sourcing meetings wherever appropriate.
- Producing complex bespoke funding proposals and working closely with the Programmes and Impact teams.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with trusts and foundations and major institutional funders through the production of detailed regular impact reports, generating repeat donations.
- Keeping comprehensive records of all trusts and grant fundraising activities
We're looking for a Grants & Major Donors Manager with the following capabilities:
- Established track record of success across Grants, Trusts, Foundations and Major Donor Fundraising, with either 4+ years of experience and/or tangible experience of sourcing 6 figure gifts in each area.
- Solid track record in grants management, with a strong understanding of grant management systems, finance and regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse and high-profile portfolio of major donors, trusts, foundations and institutional contacts.
- Experience of working closely with finance and legal teams in a fundraising context.
- A genuine interest and knowledge of the education sector and addressing educational inequalities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team and a small organisation, offering a hands-on approach.
- A proactive, flexible and pragmatic approach to work.
- Experience of building and improving operational processes
Salary £50-55k dependant on experience
Hybrid Working Model (2-3 days WFH post-pandemic)
Supportive management structure and tam ethos