General Manager - Transport
My client is a National Logistics Business who are experiencing significant growth and they are looking for a General Manager - Transport.
They are looking bolster their senior leadership team and are looking for someone who understands best practice logistics especially when it comes processes, systems and people.
My client are well known National Logistics Business based in the UK. They have flagship operation based in Telford which is where this General Manager - Transport will be based.
The General Manager - Transport will be responsible for the following:
- The role is to lead an operational team of c200 drivers plus a management and support team of approximately 15.
- You will lead a team to utilise the company's vehicles efficiently, to provide a cost effective distribution service.
- To liaise with customers to ensure all operational requirements are met and defined performance standards and customer satisfaction is maintained to the highest level.
- To ensure the location budget and plan is achieved through effective operational planning involving optimum use of own fleet and contract hauliers, and effective leadership and motivation of the team.
- To ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and compliant manner having particular regard for Health & Safety and Operator's licensing requirements.
- To ensure the timely submission of all required information to central administration functions, and that all records are maintained and up to date.
- To communicate and liaise with internal & external operations to ensure we maximise operating synergies.
- Ensuring maximum use of resources in a cost effective manner.
- Ensuring best practice Human Resources, Health & Safety Policies and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To communicate and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth & effective operation.
- General administration duties in line with transport legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Exceptional Customer service skills required
- Experience of managing a fast paced large scale logistics operations.
- Experience of working in either 3PL, FMCG or Retail would be advantageous
- You will possess a good standard of education and have a strong work ethic coupled with the ability to operate effectively within a team environment.
- You will demonstrate good commercial awareness and a commitment to providing customers with the highest standards of service.
- You will have a proven track record in a logistics background, ideally in a closed book transport operation.
- Have experience in a highly unionised environment
- Experience of leading, / managing a team and delivering change to behaviours and performance
- You will have the ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- You will be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and people management skills
- Possession of a National and International CPC in Road Transport Operations is essential
£65,000 - £75,000 + car, bonus, pension and holidays