Cyber Security Consultant
My Financial Services client is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Consultant to join them on a permanent basis. They are building a world class cyber consulting team to offer pragmatic, proportionate and effective cyber security advice their customers
You will provide high quality advice about cyber security controls to customers relating to prevention, detection, response and recovery across the control areas of people, process and technology
My client is a global Financial Services brand looking to grow their Cyber Consulting arm.
- Provide high quality advice about cyber security controls to customers relating to prevention, detection, response and recovery across the control areas of people, process and technology.
- Identify key threats, risks and vulnerabilities to customer environments and provide prioritised recommendations.
- Deliver business offerings/solutions to a high quality standard.
- Mentor more junior team members
- Provide support to the wider team as part of proposal responses and business development opportunities
- Continue to evolve processes and efficiencies
- Helping clients assess whether their current IT providers are providing suitable cyber security protection
- Assessing whether cyber security tools and processes have been configured and deployed effectively
- Working with customers to develop and deliver their overall cyber security strategies.
- Enthusiasm and passion coupled with strong reasoning, communication skills and pragmatic outlook
- Extensive experience of operating and managing defensive control sets and assessment tools
- Strong technical knowledge of defensive security technologies and processes
- Experience of assessing foundational cyber security controls
- Proficient in operating and reporting from offensive security tools such as Nmap, Kali, Burp Suite, Metasploit along with common TTP's used to exploit vulnerabilities in networks and applications
- Experience of defining and operating phishing campaigns
- Experience of performing and reporting technical security risk assessments
- Exposure to cloud security technologies
- Ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders
- Good knowledge of infrastructure, system administration and web applications
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of cyber security standards such as ISO27001, NIST, CIS
£60,000 - £65,000 + excellent benefits + remote working