FD/CFO - AI, Tech sector (high growth VC backed)
Our client is a high growth VC backed leading provider of AI, digital technologies, data analytics, and real-time data which enables its customers (Local Authorities and transport network providers) to develop Smart Cities and transport networks. The business has created cutting-edge products using machine learning, including sensors with on-board video analytics capabilities, and city-wide control and optimisation algorithms. Having recently secured further funding, they are currently rolling out thousands of sensors across the UK and are now seeking a bright Finance Director / CFO to join the team to continue their already impressive triple-digit annual growth in the UK. Our client is happy to consider proven CFOs or bright step-up candidates looking to secure their first CFO role.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a finance function and help shape the future of a fast-moving company dedicated to revolutionising the way cities work, becoming the lynchpin of future global transport infrastructure and beyond.
REQUIREMENT FOR A FINANCE DIRECTOR
As Financial Director / CFO, you will be the most senior financial executive in the business, working with the rest of the executive team to achieve their ambitious growth targets. You will be one of the growth engines of the company, championing a data-driven approach in all teams while supporting calculated risk-taking where appropriate. You will lead the lean finance function, working with embedded experts in each team to help the company take the right decisions at every level. This is a top executive position within one of the fastest growing start-ups in the field, giving you the opportunity to influence the trajectory of AI in transport infrastructure.
If successful after an initial probation period, the Financial Director / CFO will be elected to the Board.
As the member of senior management responsible for finance:
- You will lead the finance operation, taking accountability for the accuracy of financial forecasts to feed into critical decisions
- You will manage and run the budgeting processes, leveraging relationships with every team to get the deep insights required to create an accurate budget
- You will work closely with the CEO on investment & financing activities, and on planning ahead for the exit
- You will report to the CEO, and provide monthly reports to the Board on critical KPIs from across the business
As a finance leader:
- You will lead, grow, and develop your finance team, leveraging them to champion a data-driven culture across the company
- You will help expose key financial metrics and analyses across the company, working with your team to create dashboards and portals for self-serve access to underlying datasets
- You will ensure financial hygiene, improving all basic finance capabilities while recognising the need for the company to run a lean & slick operation
As an executive at a rapidly growing company:
- You will help us achieve long-term visibility, planning several years into the future despite the major changes resulting from exponential growth
- You will be a key voice in the risk-reward equations that come from fast growth, taking calculated risks to accelerate our trajectory
- You will support and promote the company culture as we go through this growth, leading by example with our core values
You will ideally have operated as a Financial Controller, Financial Director or CFO at a fast-growing technology business.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 5 years in a finance position.
- You have an excellent background in managing internal finance processes and controls.
- You have a deeply analytical approach, turning naturally to the numbers to find the best solution but with the commercial acumen to find an answer even in the face of uncertainty.
- You have substantial experience in data-driven improvements, and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive decision-making at tactical and strategic levels, including extensive experience using and developing reports, metrics and dashboards with relevant tools and programs.
- You have a good understanding of technology, allowing you to support technical teams in their budgeting and planning processes.
- You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment, and are excited to take on stretch goals and deal with uncertainty while making strategic decisions despite incomplete information.
- You bring gravitas, relationship management, influencing and communication skills, including experience effectively & succinctly communicating with your senior management peers.
- You have proven experience of hiring, leading and growing a high performing finance team
- You are an excellent people motivator with the ability to motivate your team and drive for high performance
- You have the ability to move seamlessly from big-picture thinking to operational tactics.
- It would be advantageous if you also had experience managing financial processes in a territory outside the UK.
Directorbank and our client welcome applications from all candidates and embraces diversity within our teams.
Our client is based in London but enjoy flexible working policies which means that while their office is London based, they would actively consider candidates from across the UK, provided you are willing to travel to the office on average one day per week.
There will be an attractive package for the right candidate to include a competitive basic salary, performance bonus, equity participation and the usual benefits for a senior executive role (contributory pension plan, medical and others).
Apply for FD/CFO - AI, Tech sector (high growth VC backed)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly