Warehouse & Logistics Manager
Our client is a leading British manufacturer, delivering high-quality engineered solutions to the global specification market. With a rich heritage of skills and expertise, the business is powered by people with a shared passion for delivering outstanding service to its customers. The company’s products are engineered to offer exceptional quality and performance through continued innovation and precision manufacturing.
Due to strong company performance and continued growth, we are helping them to recruit a new Warehouse and Logistics Manager to implement new systems, processes and procedures to ensure the company can operate successfully and efficiently with a consistently growing order book.
To work as part of the Operations team ensuring the provision of the required level of capacity and resources to support the strategic development of the business. Managing the domestic and international import/export flow, shipping documentation, customs regulations and direct deliveries. To ensure that safe working conditions are always maintained.
- Develop and lead the warehousing and logistics teams to achieve best in class service through accountability and ownership
- Lead and manage the change process to support the investment into the future of the companies warehousing and logistics operations
- Support the process for the procurement of the relevant services in line with the business requirements to meet the needs of the business in terms of volumes, on-time delivery and quality of operations
- Provide accurate and concise information to the Supply Chain Manager to enable them to be able to make strategic decisions
- Ensure on time deliveries of both in-bound and outbound goods
- Implement processes and procedures to optimise efficiency
- Develop and coach a team that is flexible, pro-active and capable of supporting both internal and external customers
- Operate a continuous improvement culture in the business and implement new processes
- Drive KPI’s in your team for H&S, Quality, Customer Service, Labour and Materials
- Develop Kan Ban management, in line stock replenishment
- Act as the focal point for inter-department issues, “point of escalation”
- Ensure stock accuracy and all stock outs adjustments are documented and investigated
- Ensure stock cycle counted are completed and compliant
- 3-5 years hands-on warehouse management experience within an engineering/ fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing logistics operations within a comparable business
- Strong customs experience (import and export)
- Demonstrable track record of success in warehouse transformation projects, including implementing warehouse efficiency software
- Experience of best practice stock control procedures – preferably automated systems
- Good working knowledge of ERP/MRP/WMS systems
- Knowledge of scheduling and adherence to kitting schedule identifying opportunities for improvements