Contract role: Project Manager - Milton Keynes/Remote - 12 months - INSIDE IR35 - GBP400-450 per day
Please note: This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
Candidates must have an understanding of these rail systems - Train Control/Signalling, power supply and systems integration.
* European R&D project or R&D projects
* Governance experience
* Working with European partners
* Project Managements skills
* Horizon 2020 is the funding body for the projects - European funded project
* Rail background ideal - or transport sector - aviation or highways
* This post will play a key role in Europe's Railway Joint Undertaking (ERJU) delivery team operating within Technical Authority's Research, Development & Technology function.
Key Tasks involved include:
* Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
* Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals
* Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to
* Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products
* Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Manager and other team members as directed.
* Influence and understanding of governance arrangements proposed by the European Commission for the programme, this is critical as Commission funded joint undertakings carry specific and complex governance arrangements.
* Internal coordination of intended input to the delivery programme with technical resource across the organisation
* Achieve maximum value for money out of our delivery of the Shift2Rail programme by influencing scope discussions to pursue innovations developed in the first programme to higher Technology readiness levels (TRLs)
* Establishment of robust budgets and plans in place for the delivery phase
* Achieve value for money by early engagement with the supply chain to set out delivery framework and contracts
* Influence the European agenda at European forums to ensure achieves maximum efficiency through steering scope specifications
* Embedment of lessons learnt both in delivery and governance from the current Shift2Rail programme
Maximise leveraged funding opportunity through early and consistent stakeholder engagement at Pan-European level
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.